Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Pratt Hot/Cold July 19th

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

Pratt Hot/Cold July 19th

Post by smitty »

The Pratt Hot/Cold Classic is back on the schedule for July 19th.

In an effort to make the tourney experience more fun for all the participate, things are going to be tweaked this year. Seems like the same people always win the same divisions. In an effort to spread the wealth among more players while still rewarding the top finishers in each division, I have come up with a "tweaked" payout format. Lets face it, currently in disc golf we are playing for each others money. Hyzering Harry Bomb Dropper pays as much as Worm Burning Larry Schule Investigator, Hyzering Harry Walks off with a stack of discs to unload on auction sites and Larry gets his third case of poison ivy.

The cost of all divisions will be $30 and any division with 3 or more players will be offered. Pro divisions will be played as normal with 40% of the field earning cold hard cash. Amateur will experience a new payout system that will be rewarding to all participant from Harry to Larry. All players will receive there choice of players pack merchandise at check-in. The first round will be played by divisions just like any tourney. During the second round I will group players in foursomes based on score. We may have the top Am Master playing with a middle of the pack advanced player. During this round players will be playing for 3 prizes in each group. One hole will be designated as the Closest to the Pin hole. The person who nails their drive, the tree next to the pin, or shanks it through the woods and somehow ends up parked will be rewarded with a prize. Thinking of a shortish hole that all players can reach probably 7, 12 or maybe 16. A longest made shot prize will be up for grabs. This will be up to the group to decide and could range from a 30 foot putt to an ace? Depends on what goes down with each group. The final prize for the group will be a card champion. The person who is able to attack the course in the fewest strokes will walk off with some kind of merchandise.

Why divisions? Why not just sandbag the first round to play with lesser players? In addition to the second round prizes, there will be a small payout rewarding the overall winners. This will include a trophy to display on the mantle and a small stack of discs to boost your collection.

Hope to see you all in Pratt on the 19th.

Look for Preregistration soon.

Smitty
smitty

Re: Pratt Hot/Cold July 19th

Post by smitty »

smitty

Post by smitty »

Random Hot/Cold Giveaway...

I will be drawing names to give away a free discs....how do I get in on that action...you ask?

Preregister! Each time I get 15 preregistered players...I will pick a winner. Sign up early and you will have more chances to win. The first 15 peoples names will be recycled into the next group of 15...once your name goes in the drawing it doesn't come out unless you win.

See you in just over a month!
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

IN...I hope the weather is nice...this is such a fun place to play...the afternoon round usually feels like a different park since the rounds are so different...
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Got 6 names...9 more until the first drawing.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Don't forget...as soon as I get 15 names..I will be drawing for the first of the give-a-way prizes.
Swede

Post by Swede »

I'm gonna play AM for this one too, OK? Maybe pros can work out a small side-bet to be paid for longest made shots and card winners and what not.
Throw Millennium.
redwrath

Post by redwrath »

Hi Smitty,
We have ran a couple in Emporia this year with a format very similar to what you described, I think it is a good idea. Folks seemed happy and came back for the next one.
Best wishes
smitty

Post by smitty »

ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

Just got signed up. Looking forward to this tournament. See you guys on the 19th.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Preregistration is at 20 peeps. We need 10 more to give away some more sweet stuff.
smitty

Post by smitty »

We have hit the 30 people mark...will be drawing a name for free stuff later today.

Sign-up soon.
smitty

Post by smitty »

We are at 30 players. If we hit 45 by Wednesday morning, I will give away a pair of Discover shoes from DD.
dogmuscle

Post by dogmuscle »

If anyone is going to pratt from the salina area or anywhere where it would help me from topeka could sure appreciate a ride . I can meet u . Lmk thanks . Would like to do Ellis too if anybody wants to ride and help with gas .
smitty

Post by smitty »

Pratt is this Saturday. Already have 45 people registered and have given away 3 sets of prizes.

Sign-up soon if you plan on playing.