Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Hoodies

scarpfish

Hoodies

Post by scarpfish »

We were discussing these at league tonight.

Prospective design I made on one of those logo shop websites. I'd like to get a two color design if possible. I think we can do better than the $25/each this particular website quoted (and that's if we order two dozen).
Newt

Re: Hoodies

Post by Newt »

thats slick!
SCFC
mikey

Post by mikey »

I like it.
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

Awesome!
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Cool idea! Here's another suggestion for a possible vendor. We are ordering our K-State team jerseys through The Graphic Edge and they offer reasonable pricing and only a minimum quantity of 12. Here's the link for their Hoodie catalog: http://thegraphicedge.com/catalog/garments.asp?i=27

The Gildan Hooded Cotton/Poly is $15.99 each (S-XL) and $18.99 (2X plus) which includes a 1-color, 1-location print. I saw that you're looking into getting a 2-color print, but you could always ask for a quote for getting a second color.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Does DD do custom stamping?
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

jcarroll wrote:Cool idea! Here's another suggestion for a possible vendor. We are ordering our K-State team jerseys through The Graphic Edge and they offer reasonable pricing and only a minimum quantity of 12. Here's the link for their Hoodie catalog: http://thegraphicedge.com/catalog/garments.asp?i=27

The Gildan Hooded Cotton/Poly is $15.99 each (S-XL) and $18.99 (2X plus) which includes a 1-color, 1-location print. I saw that you're looking into getting a 2-color print, but you could always ask for a quote for getting a second color.
Thanks for that link Josh. I did somewhat the same design on their website.

They didn't have that font (which I really like) that I did the red lettering with, but this was about as close as I could come. Other than that, its the exact same material. And with a quantity of 14 (6 L, 6 XL, 2 2XL), we can get them made and shipped for $18 for L & XL, and $20 for 2XL. Apparently, a big factor is the shipping more than it is the making.

It would be interesting to see if we could get the same design on maybe 2-3 different colors. I went with the charcoal gray, but that would also look good on a dark blue or green. It would also be cool if we could maybe get the same design on regular T-shirts or Dry-fits.

Guys, if you would, mull this idea around at the weekend leagues (as I won't be at either of them...damned job) and see who would be interested. If we could get some pre-order commitments, we could maybe order another 6-10 on top of that, and have some for the club box.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Screwing around some more. I like this a little better. Plus I can show you how it looks in different colors.

scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

scarpfish wrote:we can get them made and shipped for $18 for L & XL, and $20 for 2XL. Apparently, a big factor is the shipping more than it is the making.
Correction, we can get them made for that. Shipping is extra.

They would run us the following if shipped to Hutch...

12 pieces (5 L, 5 XL, 2 XXL) $18.99 ea
16 pieces (7 L, 7 XL, 2 XXL) $19.42 ea
20 pieces (9 L, 8 XL, 3 XXL) $19.15 ea
24 pieces (11 L, 10 XL, 3 XXL) $17.66 ea

And if shipped to Little River...

12 pieces (5 L, 5 XL, 2 XXL) $19.31 ea
16 pieces (7 L, 7 XL, 2 XXL) $19.91 ea
20 pieces (9 L, 8 XL, 3 XXL) $19.54 ea
24 pieces (12 L, 11 XL, 3 XXL) $17.98 ea
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Third revision. This is the one I want to go with. They will be all charcoal gray as pictured.

So, here's the scoop. Darren has already ordered some hoodies with a different design, but has given us the green light to go ahead with this project. We do however need people interested to make this worthwhile. I know we can have these made for $20 (or less), and we need 12 pieces minimum, so were going to start a pre-order list.

If we can get nine people on board, we will go ahead and order a dozen. If we can get around 16-18, we may go ahead and order two dozen so we have some to sell for the club box. Possibly three dozen if we get at least 25 people. Once we know that we are a go, we will start collecting pre-order money. You can then hand Darren, Zack or myself $20 at league.

By pre-ordering, you will be assured to get one in your size. You will also receive a pre-order discount if our final per piece price is good enough to qualify for one. (i.e. if they end up costing us $17.66 shipped, they will be $18 for pre-order customers and you will get $2 back when you pick up your hoodie). Based on the numbers I gave earlier, we will likely have to order 24 pieces minimum to get that. If you buy one out of the club box later (assuming we have any), they will still be $20 and you'll have to pick from whatever sizes are left.

We will continue to populate this list until about February 10th. Hopefully, we can have them available by the time of Mac Attack in March. They'd be a cool prize amongst the club merch.

I might also suggest that we take orders for hoodies at the Food Drive event. We could also possibly make getting a free one (or two) a raffle prize.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Hold your money for now. Let's just get the list started. Simply list your name and your size (and if you want more than one, the quantity).

PRE-ORDER LIST

Scott Carpenter L
Darren Bottom L
Matt Newton L
Travis Schnelle XL
Mike Chisholm 2XL
Zack Keasling L
Last edited by scarpfish on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newt

Post by Newt »

Matt Newton L
SCFC
LeftyMagik

Post by LeftyMagik »

Is there a sizing chart? Thinking I'd need an XL but sometimes they just make them wider but not longer than the L. Gotta long left arm!!
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

Schnelle XL
mikey

Post by mikey »

Mike Chisholm xxl