Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

OCTOBERFRIZ

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
zollmanator

OCTOBERFRIZ

Post by zollmanator »

Lets get some chattering going about this upcoming event. Hopefully we wont be in the middle of a rain storm this year. Alex and Twitch are going to try and do a distance and a putting challenge this year. Any input on this or interest?
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
Boebo

Re: OCTOBERFRIZ

Post by Boebo »

Finding the right time and day to do it will be the biggest obstacle to over come. I believe we used to do field events on Friday afternoon, now we do team golf that day. I don't know how soon they could get there after school and if they would have enough daylight to the distance throw off? It would defiantly need to be a combined effort on all o us (valley guys) to get this accomplished. Having golf carts will be a great asset and help expedite emensly!
Wednesday night is out of the question because of league, so Thursday or Friday might be the best option, being the "dinner" is on Saturday.
My step dad has a range finder I can borrow, this will also help to save time. Dragging that long tape around was a real pain. My only concern is I'm not sure if the range finder will display in "feet", last time I used it it was only showing "yards"..I'll check into that.

In hind sight there was a lot more participants at the Friz back then. Lower head count, carts, and range finder we could make this work IMO. You figure out when and where and I will be there to do my part!
Last edited by Boebo on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
paul

Post by paul »

i will be pulling in tuesday night. looking forward to it!
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

The range finder only displays in yards, will that be adequate, or Is there a better option available?
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Boebo wrote:The range finder only displays in yards, will that be adequate, or Is there a better option available?
Shouldn't matter to much unless you think you'll have a bunch of people within 3 feet of each other on distance?
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Since I've never attended Octoberfriz could you give me a breakdown of what all is going on during this event (when, where, what, flyer?)? Had a rough year trying to get over my divorce and I may have to treat me to some away time and get out of town if I know the logistics and things allow me to. Thanks for any info you could share.
opie

Post by opie »

$60 entry will get you into everything and a meal on Saturday evening. There will be several kegs of beer also.

There will be four 18 hole courses throughout the fairgrounds and across the river at the Daniel's course.

This is usually how everything plays out.

Wednesday: Morning ( 10ish ) Mixed doubles
Afternoon ( 1ish ) Pick your partner doubles

Thursday: Morning ( 10ish ) Mixed doubles
Afternoon ( 1ish ) Pick your partner doubles---This sometimes alternates to mixed in the afternoon

Friday: Five man team golf ( 2 rounds )

Saturday: Tournament play ( 10ish ) 1st 2 courses

Sunday: Tournament play ( 9ish ) 2nd 2 course
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

The Friz takes place at the fair grounds in Winfield Kansas, which is located on the west side of town, along the south side of 9th street, between the railroad tracks and the river.

In addition to the post above we will be hosting the ($5) Winfield random flip doubles league on Wednesday @ 6-6:15, "moonlight (pick your partner) glow doubles"($10 per team) on Friday night. Saturday night is the indoor "Mini Guts Championship" which is a blast to play or watch!

The biggest campfire will be our campsite on the north east end, stop by and say hi, or if there is anything we might be able to hep you with!
Last edited by Boebo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Glow dubs Friday night as usual?
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Glow dubs Friday night as usual?
Yes you are right, I edited my previous post with the correct information. Thanks for the heads up.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

DUCK DUCK GOOSE!
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

Getting all packed up tonight and I'll be heading out in the morning, LETS DO THIS THING!!! 8) :D :shock: 8)
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
smitty

Post by smitty »

Don't be stupid...make sure to do fire walking.