Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Carey Park Disc Golf | Message Board

jcarroll

Carey Park Disc Golf | Message Board

Post by jcarroll »

To make communication and visibility more prominent, I am going to link the Message Board from the http://careyparkdiscgolf.webs.com site to the KDGA Forums. Feel free to post in this thread for any topics associated with Hutchinson tournaments, leagues, promotions, etc.

We are also on Facebook, so give us a "Like" at: https://www.facebook.com/careyparkdiscgolf
jcarroll

Re: Carey Park Disc Golf | Message Board

Post by jcarroll »

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Discs For Sale!
See our thread in the DGCourseReview Marketplace:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=98753
Last edited by jcarroll on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Deadline to register for the Carey Park Birdie Bash is this weekend!! The event is being held Saturday, May 4th. Entry is $25 which gets you two discs of your choice, a t-shirt, and a chance to win on every card! Contact Adam Robb if you have any questions (adamandjillrobb@gmail.com)

http://iregisteredonline.com/purchaseEv ... 88&cpk=498
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Just received a box from Gateway to make a couple of additions to the Pro Shop. Be sure to "Like" Gateway on Facebook and see their May special >> Any combination of 5 drivers and mids for $39 shipped. Check out the Pro Shop to see what's new!
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

The 2013 season of summer league play kicks off one week from today! One-time entry fee of $10 for seasonal play (PayPal accepted, careyparkdiscgolf@gmail.com), $1 weekly optional Ace Fund and closest-to-pin contests. Tee off's at 6:30 PM. Get excited!

Last edited by jcarroll on Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Immediately following the round there will be an open disc exchange for all players. This is a great opportunity to meet new & returning players and get new plastic. Come and go as you please. Bring out any old, unused, or spare plastic and trade around!

See you there!
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Swap meet was a BLAST! Picked up four new discs that I'm looking forward to putting to use. Thanks everybody who came out. Just so you all know, scores are posted to DiscGolfScene.com (Leagues > Enter Zip Code > "2013 Carey Park Summer League") as well as the Carey Park Disc Golf website.

Online Leaderboard - http://careyparkdiscgolf.webs.com/carey ... ueplay.htm
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

ANNOUNCEMENT | League Night, Thursday June 6th:

(1) I will be bringing the Pro Shop box. You can see a list of available plastic at the top of this thread. Prices are determined by grade of plastic.
(2) This week will feature an interesting twist. We will be playing a format that has never been played at Carey Park Summer League! You won't want to miss out.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

ANNOUNCEMENT | League Night, Friday July 5th:

Well the bad news is that this week's regularly scheduled league night falls on the Fourth of July. Since I assumed many of you would be out BBQ'ing, shooting fireworks, and spending time with family, I have decided to call off playing on Thursday. I will also be out of town all weekend, as I am leaving tomorrow night for Table Rock Lake.

The good news for you all is that I have asked a couple of frequenters to handle league administration this week. This week's league will take place on Friday, July 5th at 6:30 PM. Format will follow the standard layout playing singles.
Newt

Post by Newt »

Postponed Summer league results!

Mario 52 CTP on 2 (league CTP cash and disc)
M@ 53 CTP on 3 (two pond discs)
Brady 55
Brian R 55
B. Shields 59 CTP on 16 (two pond discs) and CTP on 5 (two pond discs)
Jon Carroll 59 CTP on 10 (two pond discs)
ARobb 59
Jeff 60
Alex 62
Bubba 63
Tony 67

Cole 65 (tag along)

Welcome Brady to Summer League and thank you Jeff U for actually getting in that water hole and donating discs to CTP.
Good Evening with great company, that's how we roll....
SCFC
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Where has the summer gone!? According to the calendar, there are only six weeks of league play for the 2013 season. Just wanted to fill you all in on a couple of updates regarding the rest of league play.

(1) Remaining Schedule:
Thursday, July 11th -- Singles (Standard)
Thursday, July 18th -- Glow Doubles (Late Tee Off)
Thursday, July 25th -- Singles (Standard)
Thursday, August 1st -- ??? (Open to suggestions, Deuce-or-die?)
Thursday, August 8th -- Singles (Standard)
Thursday, August 15th -- Skills Contest

(2) Glow-in-the-Dark, July 18th:
As many of you know, our glow-in-the-dark doubles night is a Summer League favorite! For those of you who don't know, for one night each summer we play a late night glow round featuring best disc format. Players are divided into two pools based on season average score. Teams are chosen by pairing a player from Pool A with a player from Pool B.

This year, I am going to submit an order with Discs Unlimited for some flat LED lights that work great for glow disc golf. You can send me $5 via PayPal (careyparkdiscgolf@gmail.com) or bring the money with you to League this Thursday (7/11) to get two LED lights. I will be submitting the order on Friday.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Thank you to all of the players who have made the 2013 season of the Carey Park Summer League a success! Just a reminder to league players that the end-of-the-season skills competition takes place this Thursday, August 15. Park along the west side of the fishing pond, contests will begin at 6:30pm.

Congratulations to the Top 5 players on this season's leaderboard:
(1) Josh Carroll (51 points)
(2) Jeffrey Updegrove (45 points)
(3) Mario Mendoza (35 points)
(4) Matthew Newton (31 points)
(5) Jonathan Carroll (23 points)

Prizes for the skills competition are in! Here's a peek at the merchandise up for grabs.

schnelle

MONSTER

Post by schnelle »

Left a chartreuse X-out champ Monster on hole 11. If you find it please return. Thanks
schnelle

Re: MONSTER

Post by schnelle »

schnelle wrote:Left a chartreuse X-out champ Monster on hole 11. If you find it please return. Thanks
Scratch that. Thanks Zach!!