Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Course Work / Tournament Preparation

What's happenin' in Wichita
DUH

Re: Course Work / Tournament Preparation

Post by DUH »

I saved the rope I used to string the river's edge @ HH for the Round-up a few years ago- it should be in the clubhouse wrapped around sticks if it's still there...
If no one else volunteers, I can go out & string the river there. You'll have to remind me though so hit me up if you need me to.
If I'm the one stringing it, I'll be sure to clean it up on Sunday :wink:
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

we'll pick up trash a leadgue on 6/4, I will be working on HH the rest of the week (if necessary)...rope sucks...I want to paint the river OB this year....BTW, the weather actually looks good for once for the Doo Dah.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
DUH

Post by DUH »

So you won't need me? That's good b/c I want to take my boy to the river fest Friday night.
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

You know what separates one tournament from the next? Clarity!!!! A great tournament has well defined OB line and rules for man-dos, a 10 meter circle around the basket, and bad ass people willing to prepare!!!! Therefore, Chucker I am willing to help out in whatever way I can so let me know what I can do...... Plus this all helps out with speed of play!!
BMFNT

Post by BMFNT »

Count me in Speer. I'll be at league.
BT - ACDGC Communications Director
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Speer is planning on painting / flagging HH on Friday. I plan on flagging Oak tonight at league.
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Im going to paint 10 meter circles at both parks tomorrow...if thats alright...Speer Im off all day tomorrow so hit me up for help!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

He needs a paint sprayer. The one Jack gave us had disappeared.
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

Eventhough I didnt get a chance to play in the tournament, I did get out and about to see the course and played a little afterwards. I want to make sure that all the guys that got the course ready get some props. The course looked good. I like the 30 ft circles around the baskets and I thought the OB was lined appropriatley. I know it takes a lot of work but I am glad and thankful you guys did it. Great Job!!
Disc Golf Mania!
DUH

Post by DUH »

I must voice my groups opinion of the OB line by the river at HH... There were 2 instances where we had to take O.B. strokes for a shot that would be considered in bounds during league. The discs had landed just over the OB line but were still up top (one was on #17 right before the trees, the other was on hole 6 right before the drainage ditch). I really think we should go back to the rule if it's up top, it's safe. Either that or paint that line right on the edge... I know it's controversial the old way, but it's simple enough & would save the time of painting/stringing & eliminate the unfair OB strokes.
Not complaining as 1 more stroke really didn't matter to me... just my 2 cents :wink:

Great job on the course prep! I saw a lot of trash picked up at both leagues & it was great to have the 30 ft line painted. I wish the trash would stay away- it takes less than a week for the casuals to litter up Oak park :cry:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I never got to see the course OB line, so I can't say. But keeping OB lines out of tall grass makes them easier to see and easier to apply.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

I told everyone at the players meeting that this was going to happen and for tournament purposes the line was the law....Not the topside of the riverbank....Out is out, it's no different than the lines a USDGC or Cherry Street...It was clear and consise whether there was space on top or not. We didn't mark it last year and there was a lot more complaining. It does not matter which way we do it, someone will be unhappy about it. The OB was clearly marked....if you were across the line, you were out.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
b

Post by b »

I played in Miranda's group and witnessed the 2 instances where OB was applied and I was disgusted that our course was laid out by a mower. I certainly in no way put any blame on Mike. He was following orders and did a fine job. And yes,the line was clearly marked. But in both cases the disc was flat on top, not close to being over the edge, especially Miranda's on 17's green. She was over 3 ft from going over. I expressesd my feelings to Mike before he painted on Fri. and he agreed in principle but felt doing what the TD wanted was important. I do not feel the way we play the course every day should be any problem for tournament play. The water line is pretty well defined. A safe lie on top for any dry disc is not hard to figure out.

Although I have complained about the OB on 16 in the past, I don't have any problems with it now that it is well defined by the growth of veggies (weeds) and the mow line. It simply becomes a green 'pond'.

One more thought directed more to the Air Capital powers. With all the concern about safety along Pawnee resulting in mandos on 3, 4, and 5, why do we allow discs to be thrown over Broadway on 2?