Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

LRDGC considering a GBO tee sign sponsorship

scarpfish

LRDGC considering a GBO tee sign sponsorship

Post by scarpfish »

FYI, I discussed this with Darren earlier today.

In about two weeks the premier annual disc golf event in Kansas, the Glass Blown Open, will be taking place in Emporia. This will likely bring 400+ golfers from around the U.S. and perhaps a few from beyond our borders to Kansas. I did not attend as a player last year due to changes in both my personal schedule and the change in the tournament format to a three day event. I instead showed my support by buying a tee sign sponsorship. This year, facing a similar scenario (and I likely will be in the years to come), I decided to sponsor a hole again for $50, (well, that and buy a couple of fundraiser Judges).

And while doing so, it dawned on me. Why don't we buy a tee sponsorship for the club? For our sponsorship, we will have two full color signs made. One of which will be displayed on a hole at one of the GBO courses, and the other of which will be ours to keep. Darren can pick it up when he travels to Emporia for the event. We can either hang it proudly in his shop or perhaps use it as a traveling trophy of sorts.

There is money in the club funds to do this with, but I would personally prefer that we raise as much, if not all of the $50 through free will donations from club members before we go that route. I will personally contribute the first $10 for the sponsorship, but Darren is thinking that there are ten folks amongst us who could pony up $5/each.

The problem is that time is running short to do this. The tournament is in two weeks and DD is probably going to start printing up the signs before then. If you can give a pledge to $5 or any amount, either by posting such here in this thread, or by contacting Darren, ASAP, it would be much appreciated.

I would like to have the sponsorship ordered by next Wednesday night if not sooner. You can then hand him your pledge the next time that you see him. You can do such this weekend at league in Little River, at league next Wednesday in Hutch, or for you KDGA folks who haven't attended in awhile on April 6 at the Discs Unlimited Open in Herington, or whenever else you would run into Darren.
schnelle

Re: LRDGC considering a GBO tee sign sponsorship

Post by schnelle »

Put me down for a fiver
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

Thanks Scott for the great idea, Im in for $5 and the sign has been ordered, this will be great publicity for our club while supporting kansas's premere disc golf tournament. i wonder what Feldberg, McBeth, Schusterick, Wysocki, Owens, McCabe, Seaborn, Nichols, Franks, Custard, Blazek, and all the other touring pro's will think about when they see the LITTLE RIVER DISC GOLF CLUB sign just before they tee off ? I hope its on the hole that im going to collect my ace on. SWEET
Darren B. - LRDGC
mikey

Post by mikey »

Put me down for five also.
Newt

Post by Newt »

I'm in with 5 (10 if Darren aces the hole!) When ya collectin?
SCFC
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

I have another idea for this to cover the 50. We could take donations, and go the next couple of league rounds without a payout. Put the $3 of the $5 towards the sign until the $50 is reached. That allows us to still buy into ace fund, and gives everyone a chance to contribute towards the clubs exposure.
Zach_Keys

Post by Zach_Keys »

If you guys remind me sunday i'll put 5 on it
YOUR AD HERE!!!!
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

mattass wrote:I'm in with 5 (10 if Darren aces the hole!) When ya collectin?
I dident ace the hole but the sign was cool its home now hanging in the shop come out and check it out
Darren B. - LRDGC
Newt

Post by Newt »

Darren B wrote:
mattass wrote:I'm in with 5 (10 if Darren aces the hole!) When ya collectin?
I dident ace the hole but the sign was cool its home now hanging in the shop come out and check it out
First chance I get! Haven't been to Lil river in what seems like forever.
SCFC