Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Urban Disc Golfing

General Disc Golf Chatter
Zach_Keys

Urban Disc Golfing

Post by Zach_Keys »

Has anybody tried doing this inside places or in random areas of town?
i'm more than likely going to go around town with a portable pin. Obviously it might be hard getting into a store and having someone cool with doing that. maybe on top of buildings or in the middle of a roundabout?
YOUR AD HERE!!!!
kselrod

Re: Urban Disc Golfing

Post by kselrod »

Zach_Keys wrote:Has anybody tried doing this inside places or in random areas of town?
i'm more than likely going to go around town with a portable pin. Obviously it might be hard getting into a store and having someone cool with doing that. maybe on top of buildings or in the middle of a roundabout?

I'm sure tops of buildings and roundabouts are still private property and you could end up having the cops called on you. I don't think throwing to a basket that requires going over traffic is the image that this sport needs. Go play your local course and be happy that you have one. If you don't have a local course then meet with your parks and rec about getting one in. But throwing to roundabouts and buildings in your community will not shed a positive light on our sport. Just sayin'
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I don't know how they get away with this, but they actually have an "urban skins" match as part of a tournament in downtown Asheville, NC every year.

But as for anyone trying to do this in a guerrilla fashion, umm, no, please don't.
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

scarpfish wrote:I don't know how they get away with this, but they actually have an "urban skins" match as part of a tournament in downtown Asheville, NC every year.
It's obvious the event is organized with the city's support in some way.