Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Roc Vs. Buzzz Challenge

Other Kansas tournament information
smitty

Roc Vs. Buzzz Challenge

Post by smitty »

This is going to be sweet! Players Packs are going to be $25 and will include a Roc (DX or Flat Top) and a Buzzz (Z or ESP) featuring the stamp.

I will be taking on-line orders ($30 shipped) for players packs. You can play the event at your local course and report the results to me. It doesn't matter as long as you give both discs an equal chance.

You must stipulate before you start, which disc you think will have more metal hits (basket and above). I will then put your name into the Roc or Buzzz box. After all the results are tabulated I will pick a couple of winners at Random from the winning box.

The actual Challenge will be going down at Oak Park in Wichita Kansas on Satuday Aug. 11th. I plan to set up a shorter Ace Race type course in the area around the old girl scout house. Anyone who aces at the Challenge will receive a "bonus prize".

The results will be tabulated after Sunday the 19th and I will draw a couple of winners on the 20th.
pironix

Re: Roc Vs. Buzzz Challenge

Post by pironix »

Okie dokie, hoping I can make this.. just depends what time you decide to do it!
b

Post by b »

Be careful playing around the Girl Scout house with the fence around it. Schonny got a stern warning (threat) about retreiving discs inside the fence when he asked about it. There is no gate or other access besides jumping it. I'll be glad to help in any way with layout or whatever. Thanks.
smitty

Post by smitty »

b wrote:Be careful playing around the Girl Scout house with the fence around it. Schonny got a stern warning (threat) about retreiving discs inside the fence when he asked about it. There is no gate or other access besides jumping it. I'll be glad to help in any way with layout or whatever. Thanks.
Bud-

If you wanted to look at making some good Ace Race holes that would be great. Try to make a good selection of Anhyzers, Hyzers, and straight shots.

I think we could use Baskets 7,8,9,12,13,14

Then either bring in 12 more baskets and have 18 holes. Or Bring in 2 more and do 2 rounds of 9. Or event just throw 1 round of 9 with each disc.

I just want to collect data about the disc that hits the most metal. But most importantly I want to see people out in the park playing disc golf or introducing someone new to disc golf.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Pironix wrote:Okie dokie, hoping I can make this.. just depends what time you decide to do it!
Jason-

I think I may just do some kind of rolling start. 10:00- Finish by 5:00 type thing. There is really no need to run it like a tourney.

**Anyone who gets an Ace will get something special.
***All other prizes will be drawn for at a later date.

I hope to have people like DM4 playing in Norton and recording results. Or maybe the Western KS crew could all meet up in WaKeeny and give it a go.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

We get 2 disc for 30 me and don are in for norton
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
smitty

Post by smitty »

If you order at the same time to one address tune shipping will be less.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

K send me 1 of each all 4 pm me ur PayPal
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
guroose

Post by guroose »

I'll give it a rip at Lakeside in Mac, perhaps modifying the water holes... Maybe in for Oak park. Great idea. I lean towards my old style, beat up Roc, but carry a buzz as well.
John Danley
McPherson, KS
smitty

Post by smitty »

kscustom wrote:K send me 1 of each all 4 pm me ur PayPal
As soon as the discs get here, I will make a post and start taking preorders. Probably will not ship until close to the day of the event. Don't want any "Cheaters".
smitty

Post by smitty »

guroose wrote:I'll give it a rip at Lakeside in Mac, perhaps modifying the water holes... Maybe in for Oak park. Great idea. I lean towards my old style, beat up Roc, but carry a buzz as well.

Come down to Oak, we are going to have a great time out there for sure. If you want to get a couple of buddies together and do something in Mac town, get at me when the discs get here.
guroose

Post by guroose »

Penciled in on the 11th, but looks like we may be taking a family trip to CO. We'll see. I'll get with you on the discs if we can't make it.
John Danley
McPherson, KS
guroose

Post by guroose »

Oh.. Roc.
John Danley
McPherson, KS
smitty

Post by smitty »

John-

As soon as the discs get here, I will sell 30 players packs online.

That will leave me 70 for the day of the event. Probably wishful thinking.

Then after the event I will be trying to get rid of what is left.

Thanks for your interest.

Smitty
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

I'll be through there on Monday
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus