Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Hot and Cold 2012

Pratt news and info
basket_case

Hot and Cold 2012

Post by basket_case »

All right Prattans, I need your help.

There has been very little buzz about the Hot and Cold 2012 this year. In fact, the only one who seems all that motivated is Smitty, and I really don't want him to have to come down and TD.

So I need your input:

1. Who's in? I need to know if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile to do this tournament.

2. What would be the ideal date? This would need to be figured out pretty soon. Keep in mind some months are packed with other KS events and I don't want to schedule this in the same weekend as DDO or Beloit or something like that. Ideally, it would be on an empty weekend. This may mean pushing it back as late as August or even November.

3. Who would be able to volunteer?

Obviously, non-Prattans are welcome to join the discussion, but there will be a another thread in the KDGA tournament section that I expect will get much more of a response.
davsal

Re: Hot and Cold 2012

Post by davsal »

Has anyone stepped up to be TD for the Hot and Cold event? Would sure like to see this event still go on this year.
pironix

Post by pironix »

I believe Smitty will be running it.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Corbin and I are working together to pull this thing off. We have some ideas brewing that should make this a kick butt event. I will get all the info up by the end of the week.

Smitty
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Never fear, course prep is underway
Much trimming and fairway raking in progress. OB lines and such getting painted today. The place is looking good and playing even better.

If you are here in town, grab some gloves, trash bags, rakes, etc... and join us. I'll be there all afternoon today and I believe Corbin is planning the same. We could really use some extra hands. Punch and Pie! :wink:
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

Thanks for your efforts, wish I could help
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Fairways on 11, 12 and 13 (Hard packed, dirt/sand) all cleaned up for optimal rolling/skip shot conditions. Holes 7, 14, 15 and 16 could use some love from a rake too, but I actually want my arms to function come Saturday, so unless another local volunteer steps up, they will stay as is.
I should mention my hole numbers are all based on the normal/blue layouts unless noted.

On the agenda today is final touch ups, such as trimming/weed whacking Pink #10 aka the alt tee for 6/tunnel shot.

Thanks to Kidron as well, as he went on a trash pickup run with his sweetie last night.

OB lines are painted, alt tees as well. All baskets in place for Pink/Long Fronts layout (Minus pink #2 as it is a temp pin spot w/ no lock. We will set that up sat morning). It appears the city mowed earlier this week, so the course is fairly pristine.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.