Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Secret Project

Salina News and info.
Austin

Secret Project

Post by Austin »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pironix

Re: Secret Project

Post by pironix »

Need a smaller pic...
Swede

Post by Swede »

need a bigger pic
Throw Millennium.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Camp Webster I am guessing. Always thought that would be a sweet place for a course.
Austin

Post by Austin »

That is the best pic I can get with my phone.
smitty wrote:Camp Webster I am guessing. Always thought that would be a sweet place for a course.
If you guess then its not a secret anymore.

Nate and I went out there last night and got approval for maybe the best hole in all of disc golf.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Austin wrote:
Nate and I went out there last night and got approval for maybe the best hole in all of disc golf.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

USDGC holes 5, 13, 18

Water Works hole 1

Z-Boaz hole 1

Top of the world De La

Best hole in all of disc golf? I don't know if you have played enough disc golf holes to classify it as the best hole in disc golf. It might be a good one, or the best hole in Salina. It better be a good one if it is the best in all of DG.
Austin

Post by Austin »

smitty wrote: Best hole in all of disc golf? I don't know if you have played enough disc golf holes to classify it as the best hole in disc golf. It might be a good one, or the best hole in Salina. It better be a good one if it is the best in all of DG.
OK, maybe I am a little bias. I do think it is > or = to waterworks hole 1.

Played De La Vega. Top of the world is fun, but it wasn't a great hole.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Austin wrote: I do think it is > or = to waterworks hole 1.
I will give you that. 8)
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

This is my first experience designing from scratch. hope we give the park the course it deserves!
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

If anyone has specific feedback for the webster course post on here or pm me.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The scores looked pretty high. About 58.5 for Open and 62.5 for Masters 2nd Round. 2nd Round was Webster, right? The first round scores were higher than expected for Lakewood 1st round also. Did you play more than 18 hole either round?
Coueylicious

Post by Coueylicious »

I was curious about the higher scores as well. I don't know what the weather was like. Also, is Webster staying a 9 hole or is their a plan to eventually expand to 18?
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

we played a hybrid Lakewood course in the am.....was very windy there. played many existing holes and a few to connect the N and S courses. 18 holes. pm we played webster twice. it will be an 18 hole course soon. have three holes of the back set and need to be working on the rest. our hope was to get a legit par of the low 60's for a scratch pro. the front was actually a little shorter than i thought it would be. we do have some options that can lengthen or just toughen some of the holes but need to keep a balance for youth players. for example 4 is a par 4 placement drive that the kids will skip the long tee on. we intend to make the back 9 more challenging!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Think about 2 pads and 2 pins when you design it, even if you can only do 1 of each at first. Looking forward to seeing it.
Flickster

Post by Flickster »

personally as an am player, with a limited arm, i love the front 9 at webster! very technical and some what narrows the playing field. It just seems like everyone wants 600-700ft monster holes, or courses are never long enough. Again as an am, i think the front nine is both challenging and beginner friendly. Keep up the good work Nate
CHAIN BISKITS