Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Two DG Community Events: September 17th

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

Two DG Community Events: September 17th

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We have two events going on Saturday the 17th.

-WICHITA PLAY DAY at WATSON PARK: 1pm-4pm
There will be hundreds, if not over a thousand people getting some exposure to disc golf. Mike Speer will be coordinating, but will need help. Need at least 3 baskets and at least 3 more volunteers. We have putters availabe in the clubhouse. Will need a table and to print some literature to have available for our club, league, and courses. Excellent opportunity to raise awareness of our sport!

-FALL FESTIVAL at OAKLAWN: 4:30-6:30pm
Format is not set, but the idea is to provide a fun, safe activity, mostly for kids. Any volunteers, equipment like tents, banners, whatever, are very welcome.

Feel free to shoot any ideas about these events. If anyone has any prizes to donate, that would be very cool also. Not sure there is a "contest" format established, but we could make up something.

Re: Two DG Community Events: September 17th

Post by 2 »

hey Mike, be glad to help out again with the pop up and banner, baskets... 2
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Thanks Jack! If you can come by Watson Park at 12:30, I think Mike can transport them to Oaklawn later to pick up there.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Mike, I did and will continue to announce this at league as well. I have the table and 1 basket, if 2 can't make it with his baskets, I can probably borrow Russ's. (especially since it's still in my garage). This is an easy and fun time. Tons of kids, it's kind of a Disc Golf ride rather than playing DG. Too many people and not enough space to play real DG, but the kids like it.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

Im down... just let me know what I need to do
Disc Golf Mania!

Post by 2 »

chucker9 its all yours, thanks... :P
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Anyone able to help Mike out with these events this Saturday? There will be tons of kids, so any and all help will bring some order to the chaos that is sure to ensue. :P

Not sure if I'll be able to make it to league tonight. But if you think you can help out Saturday, come to league tonight or call Mike and show up at Watson around 12:30pm Saturday.

I've got some sturdy sheet protectors to stuff some club documents in. I'll try to figure out how to get them printed and to Mike.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

This is September 15th, this year. I'm not sure if Watson Park is happening, but Oaklawn has asked us if we can put on our disc golf clinic again this year. Would anyone be interested in doing this?
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

well mike you know I will probably show and i have a couple colapsable baskets i can bring. BUT you really should start a new thread for this because the head line is dated and decieving.
Chain smoker