Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wellington League

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

Re: Wellington League

Post by smitty »

Yo! JD!

What do you think the doubles record is at Wellington? Cannot believe we missed 2 putts on our way to that round?

:shock:
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

16 down, wow nice shootin. Kinda like the night Ring shot 14 down playin cali.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
BlueDreamz

Post by BlueDreamz »

Super fun round! Inches from a perfect one! 16 has to be the record.
And boom goes the dynamite...
smitty

Post by smitty »

I think it is about time for some new pins locations in Wellington.

1 most likely a second tee.
2 longer to the end of peninsula.
3 other side of tree.
4 longer and on the little rise.
5 shorter ace run in the middle of the trees.
6 longer tee, straight back maybe closer to the tracks.
7 longer, would also be fun to tuck it into the trees with a small opening cut out.
8 longer.
9 maybe in the trees on the right or on the backside of them. Longer tee could be the answer also.
10 longer and closer to creek or could share a tee with hole 1 that could be used as a double alt.
11 longer and on the other side of boat ramp.
12 not much ground around the basket. Probably an alt tee. Could maybe move basket.
13 once again, you don't have much ground around tee. Probably an alt tee.
14 across the road or longer tee.
15 to his would be another killer hole to tuck into the trees. I am sure it is all railroad property, a few calls could maybe get you the ok. Imagine playing to a pin tucked into the trees about 30-40 feet. Would be a killer hole. As wet as it is in there, you would have to raise the pin so it wouldn't fill with mud all the time.
16 is awesome and there is no way to make it a better hole.
17 move the pin a little there are options.
18 move the pin there is options, or play to 9.

Just some ideas.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote:
16 is awesome and there is no way to make it a better hole.
Just making sure we're paying attention? :)
Young Bud

Post by Young Bud »

I def agree there needs to be alternates and baskets moved.. There is more than enough in the general and from what I hear there should still be enough from the original donation that built the coarse to do all of that and more.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Young Bud wrote:I def agree there needs to be alternates and baskets moved.. There is more than enough in the general and from what I hear there should still be enough from the original donation that built the coarse to do all of that and more.

Lets get it done!

I am down to help.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

I lost a Hand Eye Dyed Yellow Z pred on hole 11 yesterday. money for return, i think my name was on it. Pudge
STEW

Post by STEW »

League for Friday, November 29th has been moved from WoodsPark to StewsFunnyFarm.
Time: 6 pm
Format: $5 Random Flip Doubles
Directions: Instead of turning to go to Woods Park, continue West on US160W, 1 mile past the city limits to Tyler Road. Here turn south(left) and proceed over the RailRoad tracks. Once over the tracks, take an immediate right(west) and continue to the double gate. Once inside gate, turn left and it will snake you down to the Parking.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-1 ... 6&t=m&z=15

We have 7 baskets(home-made/chings) and 2 tone poles(unless we come up with two more baskets) that we will play from two sets of tee pads.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
"If you don't go for it, you won't make it..."
Downtown James Brown
STEW

Post by STEW »

League for Friday, January 24th has been moved from Woods Park indoors to Memorial Auditorium.
Format: $6 Singles or Random Flip Doubles, depending on how many people show up. Putters and a mini are all you need.
Directions: From Turnpike or 81, head West on US160W until Washington Ave. Here turn south(left) and continue until you pass 8th St(Fabiolas). The Memorial Auditorium will be on the West side of the street in between 8th and 7th Street.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-1 ... v&t=m&z=14
Downtown James Brown
STEW

Post by STEW »

League for Friday, January 24th has been moved from Woods Park indoors to Memorial Auditorium.
Format: $6 Singles or Random Flip Doubles, depending on how many people show up. Putters and a mini are all you need.
Directions: From Turnpike or 81, head West on US160W until Washington Ave. Here turn south(left) and continue until you pass 8th St(Fabiolas). The Memorial Auditorium will be on the West side of the street in between 8th and 7th Street.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-1...v&t=m&z=14
We will be doing this same format for Friday, February 7th...
Downtown James Brown
STEW

Post by STEW »

STEW wrote:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-1...v&t=m&z=14
We will be doing this same format for Friday, February 7th...
Same thing for Friday, February 21st...
Downtown James Brown
STEW

Post by STEW »

STEW wrote:League for Friday has been moved from WoodsPark to StewsFunnyFarm.
Format: $5 Random Flip Doubles
Directions: Instead of turning to go to Woods Park, continue West on US160W, 1 mile past the city limits to Tyler Road. Here turn south(left) and proceed over the RailRoad tracks. Once over the tracks, take an immediate right(west) and continue to the double gate. Once inside gate, turn left and it will snake you down to the Parking.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-1 ... 6&t=m&z=15

We have 7 baskets(home-made/chings) and 2 tone poles(unless we come up with two more baskets) that we will play from two sets of tee pads.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
League for Friday, April 11th has moved out to the FunnyFarm. Sorry for the late notice.
Downtown James Brown
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

Carload from Wichita is headed down to the park. hopefully we find the Funny Farm.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Hey Stew, thanks for letting us come throw around your place....You've got a very cool place to play DG....Nothing beats playing in Wellington and not having to worry about your Barney 5's blowing up the party....
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.