Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

SuperClass ShowDown Fri. Nov.12th Salina

Other Kansas tournament information
R/B

Re: SuperClass ShowDown Fri. Nov.12th Salina

Post by R/B »

Mace Man has just received a box full of goodies. All types of SuperClass Beautys'. I just purchased another S.C. disc, a Discraft UltraStar, " man it,s large" I think I could paddle down river in it. My Zepher easily fits inside its rim. I have been getting familiar with them and shooting a few holes. I would like a few of us to get together one of these Saturdays and shoot for a buck per player. let me know if you are intrested.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

R/B wrote:Harry, you have to be certified to run a PDGA event, and a portion of the money per player goes to the PDGA. Some players would not attend this event because of having to pay the extra $10.00 because they are not members. I want to encourage all players in this first time SuperClass Tourney and not discourage anyone. Right now it,s about getting it started, perhaps later on after it,s established then we could talk "PDGA". This is about having a cool experience not about a rating!
"To encourage TDs to try Super Class events in 2009, the sanctioning fee has been discounted and the $10 non-member fee waived. " not sure about 2010, but I'll check. The fun thing with sanctioning is the Superclass-rating...seperate from your normal Edged disc rating. As far as Harry needing certification, an officials test is $10 and as long as you use your rule book to answer the questions, you can't fail.... It's good for many years, if he should wish to run any event in the future...
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

No Non-member fees
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
one19

Post by one19 »

ronconversjr wrote: As far as Harry needing certification, an officials test is $10 and as long as you use your rule book to answer the questions, you can't fail.... It's good for many years, if he should wish to run any event in the future...

Will have the test taken & money paid to the PDGA this week -

Thanks for the information Ron.

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
R/B

Post by R/B »

In intrest to those who make the journey I,ve added another perk. Everyone who enters The SuperClass Showdown gets one shot at a Innova DisCatcher Travel Basket. ( 100' - 150' ) If you ace it you shoot off with the others who aced it also to determine whos it is. ( C T P )
If you are the only ace than it,s yours. If no aces on it we will have a drawing for it.
Last edited by R/B on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Moved for RB.
R/B

Post by R/B »

Thank you Smitty I,m moved by your motion.( he he, play on words :D ) You of all people understand what goes into these matters.There are those who lead by their abilities, and those who make decisions by their gut instinct, and those who aspire to be auctioneers! I need to put this horse to rest before it grows anymore.

This tournament will not be PDGA.
one19

Post by one19 »

novemberfriz

`

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
R/B

Post by R/B »

Due to some intrest from Rec. players we will offer a rec. division at The SuperClass Showdown. The new entry fees are:

Recreational ____________$10.00 ( every rec player will receive a SuperClass disc and no payout )

Amateur ________________$15.00 ( payout top third with MaceMan merchandise voucher )

Professional______________$20.00 ( Payout top third with MaceMan merchandise voucher )

It,s going to be a great afternoon of Frisbee fun. I encourage everyone to come out and try this "old school golf ".
I also encourage everyone to test your skills at the Thomas Park Disc Golf Tournament the following day. This course will have many friends and enemies by the end of the day, it,s partial to nobody!
one19

Post by one19 »

`

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
one19

Post by one19 »

`

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Wha time is this bad boy taking place? I will be in Salina Friday morning and staying until Sunday night. LMK
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
one19

Post by one19 »

Chucker9 wrote:What time is this bad boy taking place? I will be in Salina Friday morning and staying until Sunday night. LMK
I will be there noonish or so, getting things squared.

I'll let R/B speak to the "exactly"; the original intention was "flex" play. (Play when you arrive.)

However, if many folks show "early" in the afternoon, it could be done/started "tourney" style.

Late comers could just fall in behind.

It all depends upon when people arrive.

You can form your own foursomes/groups as you like it.

The course takes approximately 2 hours to play.

Daylight is gone close to 6pm nowadays.

There also must be time allowed for the "ring of fire".

I would think 3pm should be the last group out.

R/B wants this to be a mellow, laid-back, FUN day!

With no worries.

So it shall be.

So I guess, plan on "flex", but be ready for ANYTHING!!

MOST FUN!

EVERYONE WINS!

R/B has a Super Class Showdown Trophy that he shall award the winner.

It will be my pleasure to present the Head Hippie Trophy/Title to this year's Showdown champion as well.

This event should bring out the competitor & fun-lover in all of us.

As well as a whole bunch of smiles.

Come out early, and we'll play CATCH!

`

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
one19

Post by one19 »

In keeping with his Team Discraft obligation, I've learned that Ron Convers Jr. will be totin' THIS six shooter...

`

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

Who's name will be the first one on this trophy??? If you don't play it won't be yours