Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Lets play golf Winfield

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
zollmanator

Re: Lets play golf Winfield

Post by zollmanator »

Aced hole #4 red at Cherry today. Witnesses include: Banger, Nightcrawler, Matt & Mike Hizar, Caleb Tapia, Austin Admire and a few other younsters. This was a good farwell for Banger since he is moving to Lawrence.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
tbone

Post by tbone »

Playing Grove today if anybody else wants to play, Ben is going to meet me down there at 4
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
tbone

Post by tbone »

There is a couple of us playing at 6 tonight if anybody wants to join us at cherry.
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am glad I went in town to play. It really helped with a few final tweaks of the "Tourney Course". It was a huge help to see what people of different skill level would throw. Granted, the rope wasn't out and money wasn't on the line, but I did get a few additional ideas.

Hole 4 may be the hardest hole on the course.
Hole 7 the "Island Hole" is the perfect length, but the island will not be a perfect circle like the map shows.
Hole 8 will be the best thinking hole off the tee.
Hole 9 is going to get a tweak. All you right handers better be good at anhyzers or be ready to flick/left hand it.
Hole 13 is going to be the shortest hole with the most cuss words in Kansas.

You guys really made the course and event better.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

Anyone want to throw tomorrow? I am going to try and get this leg going again.
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
smitty

Post by smitty »

Today 9-05-10

Cherry Street

$5 Random flip doubles

White tees- silver baskets
Blue tees- red baskets

1:30

Hole 7 the silver basket is 9 alt.
Hole 4 the silver basket is 2 alt.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Pretty fun round. If you want a round that forces something other then a hyzer, give these holes a try.

Smitty and Hooper -4
Shan and Jake -2
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Wife left me today and ran off to Colorado, so it looks like I'll be out throwing tonight if anyone wants to join me, and the the next night, and the next, and probably the next.
smitty

Post by smitty »

This just in......Winfield JR. golfers are BAD ARSES!!!

We have lost most of them, school has started and they are now buys with football, soccer, and just being kids.

But we still have in my mind what might be the 2 BEST JR. GOLFERS in the state! These dudes have serious game. It really is awesome to watch the dudes grow as golfers. You name the shot they have it! Roller, not a problem. 2 Finger bring it on. "Snakebite" putt, golden. Oklahoma special A.K.A. grenade, not a problem.

It is seldom that I play a round with them and the words "I wish I played DG when I was in 7th grade" or "2 more years and these dudes are going to be rolling all of us."

Hooper- This dude has all the things it takes to be the best golfer in the world. He has the attitude, he wants to win and hates throwing bad shots! That attitude could also be his downfall, he throws a few bad shots and he is pissed! Wonder were he picked up this trait. He is cocky and deserving of it. Hooper has perfect form on drives and putts! Once this punk get stronger and faster LOOK OUT!

Twitch- This turkey has the best work ethic of any golfer in the valley. If the rest of us worked as hard as he does at DG, we would be a ton better. He plays and plays and plays some more. Every time I play with him I see something that amazes me. He is a deadly putter! He is developing a supreme 2 finger. He has probably gained over 50 feet in all out D this summer alone.

They are also taking money out of my pocket nearly every single round. Twitch took a $5 from me on 9/11 when he Aced hole 5. Hooper took $5 from me today when he rang up hole 1. Then Twitch wasn't to be outdone and took another buck from me when he face masked hole 4 from the red tee.

Both of these twerps are getting good. I think I know who my partners are for the "Kings of the Canyon" this year.
b

Post by b »

Those 2 teamed up at Cumbernauld wed. and shot -14 to tie Harv and Artie for 3rd. No wonder Rich didn't offer any strokes.
smitty

Post by smitty »

b wrote:Those 2 teamed up at Cumbernauld wed. and shot -14 to tie Harv and Artie for 3rd. No wonder Rich didn't offer any strokes.
Dave is probably going to start taking strokes for himself. :lol:
smitty

Post by smitty »

Anyone want a game of Frisbee tomorrow afternoon? Say 1:00 random flip doubles for a $5?
opie

Post by opie »

What is the plan for golf today?

Anybody, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? :)

I am up for a round at the Grove if anyone wants to play. I personally have had enough of the Canyon for a week or two.

1:00 P.M. Grove
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
opie

Post by opie »

It looks like everyone is stuffed and sitting around watching football.

There is golf going down @ 2 @ the Canyon.
opie

Post by opie »

I am planning on playing a round at the Grove if anyone is up for it. I am going out there around 4 o'clock.