Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Monday Nite Cherry Street League

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

Monday Nite Cherry Street League

Post by smitty »

Where: Cherry Street, will not travel. We are missing out on all kinds of new people. New players have no idea that we have a league of any kind running.

Time: 6:15 start

Cost: $5 (3 to payout, 1 to club fund, 1 to ace fund)

Format: Odd dates singles Even dates A/B pool doubles.

Course: Will be a combination of Red, White and Blue tees played to Red or Silver baskets. We basically have 6 different 9 hole disc golf courses in 1 park that never get used for league play.

Must be 17 to play. (Would be the perfect time to do kids league?)

Ace fund: Will apply only to the Monday night league.

Club: It is probably time to start doing some club type things. The idea is to charge a small membership fee to be able to claim 1/2 the Monday Ace fund. You will also need to be a club member in order to get discount pricing on discs.

Disc Prices
Star/ESP $12 ($16 if you are not a club member)
Z/Champ $12 ($15 if you are not a club member)
Pro/X $10 ($12 if you are not a club member)
D/DX $8

Thoughts and ideas.
mrsenortyler

Re: Monday Nite League

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote: Cost: $5 (3 to payout, 1 to club fund, 1 to payout)
Cost: $5 (3 to payout, 1 to club fund, 1 to Ace Fund)

:)
smitty

Post by smitty »

What would be the first Monday we would want to play?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Payout Structure?

We could steal what Phil uses for Salina. You can view by clicking his signature on any forum post.
mrsenortyler

Re: Monday Nite Cherry St. League

Post by mrsenortyler »

I like the idea of using Uno cards to pick what courses we play. Have two blue cards, two red cards, and two yellow cards, each corresponding with the Blue tees, red tees, and yellow could correspond to whites. However, this doesn't take into account alt baskets.

Since we already have a doubles league, I like the idea of doing a singles league every other week. Handicap would be nice, but somebody would have to figure them, and then we'd be locked into playing the same course everytime we were going to do singles. Unless that's what we wanted. The point of this particular league is to play our best existing course.

With the course improvements, we should see our Ace fund grow to be larger than it has been in the past. Who doesn't want more money?! :)
smitty

Re: Monday Nite Cherry Street League

Post by smitty »

Building on the Uno card idea. We could simple add 2 more of each color card and add an A to each in marker. We would then have a shot at drawing to the "A"lternate baskets.

I don't have the answer to the singles week.

How does ball golf payout work when they pay flights? Is that something we could use?
tbone

Post by tbone »

Monday the 17th would be awesome for a start date sense we have a couple more things to do like tear up the forms, hammer down the landscaping timbers. Although I have heard there have been people playing on the tee pads already, this doesn't surprise me at all. Is this going to be a every week league? What is the membership fee going to be? $20.00 sounds pretty fare for adults and for the kids league I would think like $10.00 or $15.00. Handicap would be nice but the question is would we have to set a handicap for all six courses? or like mention just play our best existing course?
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
smitty

Post by smitty »

The courses are so different that we would need to play the same course every time. That would be to big of a deal really. We could just figure out what holes we wanted to play and do it. We could do a mix of all tee and baskets. It would take us a while to remember and we would probably need cheat sheets for a while. Once you had played 2 or 3 times, it would become second nature for most people.

You could do 18 different holes and actually have a decent course that would test our skill and build our skill.

Handicap Course?

what do we play?

Hole 1
Red to red.
Blue (Which is going to be on the sidewalk now) to silver.

Hole 2
White to red.
Red to red.

Hole 3
White to red.
Blue to red.

Hole 4
Red to Red.
White to Red.

Hole 5
White to Red.
White to alt.

Hole 6
White to Red.
Blue to Red.

Hole 7
White to Red.
Red to Red.

Hole 8
White to Red (or long silver)
White (or Blue) to short silver

Hole 9
White to Red
Blue to Silver (With tourney rules)

Score card would be pretty simple to make.
It could have the number then (WR) White to Red, or (BS) Blue to Silver
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

I think the idea is awesome. I like the idea of playing it different every week. I think the handicap is good. Even if we play a different course each time, it will just keep the handicap changing and not give anybody an advantage or disadvantage. I think the fees are good.
I really believe this will really get a lot more players out there, which means more support from the community for the sport.
I'm down, when we start.
smitty

Post by smitty »

tbone wrote:Monday the 17th would be awesome for a start date

The course will matter.

Lets say that Dave and 2K are playing. Dave they both have 4 strokes of handicap. If we play Red to Red and White to Red, Dave wins 7 out of 10 times. Now if we play Blue to Silver and White to Silver 2K wins 10 out of 10 times.

That may be an extreme example.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

I did place a tee board on one where the old stone was.

This would make it to where every tee and hole is used and would help my game as well as others. And there would be no need for cards or anything else.

WEEK 1 1 round red to red
1 round White to red
WEEK 2 1 round blue to red
1 round red to silver
WEEK3 1round white to silver
1 round blue to silver

And the forms are out Leanne and I went and pulled them tonight.
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
smitty

Post by smitty »

M&Ms wrote:the forms are out Leanne and I went and pulled them tonight.
Nice dude! That is sweet. I guess when I get the stones from you, I will get the forms also.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

They are by CT's garage door The stones are at my house.

If we did the league the way I said the score cards would not need anything do to the fact they are all par three hole right?
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I guess ball golfers have a handicap that they take around from course to course. I'm not really sure how all that stuff works. I do think it's better to use the same course everytime for singles, however. I kind of like the idea that we play all the "best" holes from each layout. I know "9BS" is a freakin' awesome hole.

At least play each hole from the whites once because that's why we've made these improvements to the course.

There are some major changes that will be happening here.

1. The WVDGA hasn't had "membership fees"
2. The WVDGA hasn't had "officers"

I like the ideals here. Disc golf is supposed to be an inexpensive way to enjoy our time, no dues. Just hang out and have fun. Also, with the no officers policy, everyone has had an equal voice into the doings of the WVDGA. It's my opinion that in light of this, the membership fees should be very cheap. Like, $10 cheap. Maybe it would encourage more people to join, because your membership pays for itself as soon as you buy a few discs. There are a lot of casual disc golfers out at Cherry that have no idea about leagues, club discs, or anything like that. People are always asking where they can buy discs. I really think the main reason for having a fee at all is so it is clear who is, and who is not eligible for the ace fund. (Which is a good thing)

If we wanted a more expensive fee, I'd think that members should receive a custom stamped disc when signing up. (Maybe a buzzz? ;))

Also, with the officers, I still don't think we need any. But someone will have to record and figure handicaps, keep track of members, and keep track of the Ace Fund.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

So with Phil's payout structure it takes 50 players for 4 people to get paid?