Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Cherry Street Workday

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

Re: Cherry Street Workday

Post by smitty »

Thanks guys, that will help a ton.

I am going to try and order the cement today. What time do we want it to be delivered?

12:30 on Friday?

That would leave all morning to make the finishing touches to the forms, level and set.
smitty

Post by smitty »

smitty wrote:
I am going to try and order the cement today. What time do we want it to be delivered?

12:30 on Friday?
Making the call in the next few minutes, hope it works out.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Cement is ordered. They are planning on bringing it out there at 12:30. Someone will need to call and tell them you are ready, they called it a "will call". The number is 221-9060 and it is under my name.

The City will have a tractor and operator there also around 12:30. If we run into any problems there, just give me a call.

Going to be pretty sweet!
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Just spoke with Tbone....said they are getting the concrete soon and that they had the alternate tee post in the ground. I can't wait to see it. It is gonna be sweeeeeeeet.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Just went by and looked at the course. I truely appreciate everyone who put the time and hard work into this project. I played the "red" course which is the short one with a putter and buzz. It was a fun little course. The "white" course is looking great with the nice sized t pads and they look like they were brushed just enough. The "blue" t pads look like a beast. I would love to see a birdie on Hole 9 Blue......
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Tee pads, baller! What else is there to say?
tbone

Post by tbone »

Had alot of fun the last two days helping the club install tee pads, "WOW they are freakin awesome" Cherry street park is becoming a legit disc golf course, thanks to Smitty HOLE 9 long is a beast. I also want to see a bird on that.
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
smitty

Post by smitty »

It will be a biznitch to birdie it to the red basket. It will be a legit par 4 playing it to the alt. pin with tourney rules. I hope to score an eagle on it during the Cherry Street tourney.

Big thanks to all the people that came out and worked their butts off so all of us can enjoy the improvements. Chris Tyler and Burley get workers of the Century! Tyson gets helper of the decade. Bart, Buddy, Don Moore, Ben and his family, and Cliff all get workers of the year.

Mike D gets the finger. :lol:
Rich gets the first to Bitch award. :roll:
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

Thanks to everyone who helped with the tee pads.

I did end up with an extra shovel so if your missing one give Let me know.
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Next time we do tee pads, I vote to just screed the cement off the top, then leave it. Reading around, it sounds like that will provide a good non-slip pad in all conditions.

DGA Website wrote:Fill almost to the top with cement and overfill one end. Put the long 2x4 on the rear form and saw it back and forth while keeping pressure towards the front of the tee, scraping up the surplus cement from in front of the 2x4. Absolutely do not do anything else to the cement. No brooms, no rakes, nothing! This will give you the only non-skid tee under any conditions.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

All the tee boards are nailed down. I do have a few left that I will put under the porch so if any come up missing we can replace them.
tbone

Post by tbone »

Thanks man for doing that, sorry I wasn't able to help out today
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

M&Ms wrote:All the tee boards are nailed down. I do have a few left that I will put under the porch so if any come up missing we can replace them.
You're the man! Thanks!

I saw Burley out there working on the backfilling on my way back from the store. He's also the man.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

Kaleb,Mark(from the city) and I went out and moved all the dirt from around the tee pads today.
We still need to run around and smooth out a few spots and pick up the rocks at all the tees.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Rocks are now gone.

Alt. tees have been painted Red and Blue.

Last thing I need is a place to put scorecards and rules for skill shot. Might just use a big piece of PVC pipe. Maybe 6 inches by a foot. Plan on gluing a cap to one end and leave the other end loose.

I am going to attach this to the Cherry Street sign next to basket 7 so people can grab cards when they need them.