Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KIDZ in the Valley

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
mrsenortyler

Re: KIDZ in the Valley

Post by mrsenortyler »

As far as teepads go, we just need to pull the trigger. The city is fine with putting the pads out there, and has offered some help.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Sweet, I am ready and willing. I am sure the youngsters would love to here that.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The problem is finding a time when we can get enough people to get the work done.

City will give us a tractor to move cement with. Birdwell may even be the person to drive it for us.

We need to make it a two day project at the most.

Day 1- Build all the forms for the pads, dig the ground down, level out the forums.

Day2- Pour the cement and give it time to set-up.

Week days would be the best, since there are fewer people in the park. Weekend is probably when we will need to do it since most of have to work.

I will not be any help on this project, since I will only have 1 arm for a few months.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Kidz in the Valley is still up running strong. We have had a large drop in the number of kids because of baseball and soccer practice and games on thursdays. Jake and i have talked and we think Sunday at 7 is a good time to move it to until fall comes around. Also, I have to much going on and really need someone else to step up and help run this thing. Cliff has helped out some when i have went out of town for work. We now have disc for sale(thanks to wvdga) and alot of kidz getting good. I want to help but can't do it every week. Any volunteers?
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
smitty

Post by smitty »

I would hate to see this thing end. To bad it couldn't just go down the same time normal league happened. The problem with that is normal league bounces around from place to place.

I wish I could commit, but my wife would probably kill me if I did.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I can help out on Sundays. Thursdays were great during the late fall and Winter, but Spring and Summer I am going to be busy with vineyard stuff.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

I dont have anymore games on Thursdays so I should be free, I usually try to go with Alex anyway unless I have something pretty important come up. I think with a little communication between myself, Jerry, Chris T. and Jake we should be able to be there for the midgets every week. As far as doing the league on a Sunday that is a cool idea also because all the midgets should be able to attend.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I have heard a little moaning and groaning about the handicap system at school.

How do you figure the handicaps?
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

I am pretty sure it is being figured at 80% of the average. Them boys are making some damn good golfers, already complaining. HA!HA!HA!
smitty

Post by smitty »

80% of all rounds? 80% of last 5 rounds?

Just want to make sure they all come out and play.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

80% of the last 10 rounds. The guys who complain are the guys with a really low handicap beacuse they do not think that someone who shoots 5 up should beat them when they shoot 1 down.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Muddy96 wrote:80% of the last 10 rounds. The guys who complain are the guys with a really low handicap beacuse they do not think that someone who shoots 5 up should beat them when they shoot 1 down.
I know their pain. How many of them have 10 rounds? 10 seems like a ton of rounds. 10 weeks worth if they never miss a week. How good can a person get in 10 weeks?

3 or 5 weeks would probably be a better indicator of the current skill level of the players.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Currently, about 9 of the 12 regulars have 10 rounds. i will reduce it to 5 rounds.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Muddy96 wrote:Currently, about 9 of the 12 regulars have 10 rounds. i will reduce it to 5 rounds.
Not telling you that you have to do it. Encouraging you to look at the results a couple of ways and see if it makes a difference.

Any chance you could pick 3 of the kids and post the results you have for them?

A kid who shots par or under, normally a few over, and way over.

Do you know who have won the last few leagues?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

5 rounds is a pretty good number. Our league uses 8. With 8 rounds, handicaps rarely change, and 1 stroke at most if they do. I think if you use different courses and different tee / pins setting, the need for more rounds is greater.