Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Aces at May Dennis Park

Pratt news and info
Baconius

Re: Aces at May Dennis Park

Post by Baconius »

beisner wrote:I finally aced #13 @ Pratt with a Firebird roller, ramped right in off the sand hill! It was a smooth ride and didn't even think about jumping out.

I've had through-n-throughs left and right with the same throw, same disc, but this is the first one to stick dead center with over a year of stubbornly trying that roll on that hole.
Come on, Ryan! I watched that one go perfectly parallel through the chains. That sucker slipped right through without touching anything but it was dead on the stick. Maybe the craziest "almost" ace I've ever seen.
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Dayne Herren banged in a 174g Champion Monarch on Hole #7 today. All be it, we were playing the Ace Race layout but an Ace is an Ace is an Ace!

He wasn't able to play Saturday and I was curious just how easy it would be using discs of my own choosing. Turns out, pretty freakin' easy and I might have gotten an Ace or two myself if not for the swarm of mosquitos that drained at least a quart of blood off of me.

So on a side note, until we get our first freeze or two BRING BUG SPRAY or get eaten alive kiddos.
basket_case

Post by basket_case »

As far as the Ace Race was, #7 was not an easy hole. It had a tight fairway, played pretty long, and didn't have much of a hyzer route (if any). Did he sidearm it?
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

basket_case wrote:As far as the Ace Race was, #7 was not an easy hole. It had a tight fairway, played pretty long, and didn't have much of a hyzer route (if any). Did he sidearm it?
He side-armed it. Now it's time for you to post your ace on here man!
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Hole #12 on 10-6-09

I skipped in my blue 174g Discraft Elite Z Crush. Finally, got one to stick on that hole. Dayne Herren witnessed it.

Woot woot 2009 the year of the ace!

:D :D :D
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

OY Vay! Okay here's a breakdown

Hole #4 Twice, tire basket both times
Hole #7 Seven times, tire basket on all 7, so ya the old placement
Hole #12 Once on 10/6/09
Hole #13 Twice, once tire and once on the Mach V's 9/2/09
Hole #14 Once, (That was in Nov.)
Hole #15 Twice, 8/11/09 and 10/24/09
Hole #16 Once, 8/31/09
Then one "glow" or night ace on that alternate pad south of hole #3 back at hole #3's basket (Beisner witnessed/heard it)

Then at our first tourny way back in the day, someone from Wichita aced #1 while he warmed up (BIG Spike hyzer that drilled the old tire basket). I just don't know who it was?[/quote]
Last edited by Baconius on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

I aced #15 again! 174g Star Boss "Big Spike Hyzer Backhand" It kinda plunked the tree above the basket and drilled chains. I was just down there picking up trash and throwing while I did it, sooo no witnesses. :cry: :evil: :cry: But that makes #17 lifetime aces!!!
basket_case

Post by basket_case »

Hit #13 today with a soft Challenger. No witnesses, unfortunately, so I still plan to throw that disc.
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Uuugh, just looked at this thread for the first time in 2 years. Will have to go through my discs and scorecards to do a major update. 9 that I don't have on here...
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

4/4/14 Hole #14 with my Gold Line Fuse.
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

5/27/14 hole 13 with my ESP Buzzz. Nice smooth skip off the dirt mound into the basket.