Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

McCook, Ne - Bring The Heat - May 2, 2009

Tournament information for areas outside Kansas
Machinist

McCook, Ne - Bring The Heat - May 2, 2009

Post by Machinist »

McCook, Nebraska
Kelley Park
May 2, 2009
BRING THE HEAT

PDGA C-Tier / CEP event
$500 added to event

Players Meeting : 9:45
First round of 18 : 10:00
1 hr Lunch ( after last group checks in )
TBA 2nd Round ( after lunch )

Division Entry Fees
Open : $50 ( men, women )
Pro Mst : $40 ( men, women )
Adv : $30 ( men,women,masters,g.m )
Int : $20 ( men, women )
Jun : $20 ( men, women )
Ace Fund : 1 ( optional )

I made a flyer for this event but i cannot seem to add it to this forum? Any suggestions?

I will be posting the poster and details on NebDisc.com forums for those that are interested.

Questions : e-mail Bruce Hinson @ bahsmachining@yahoo.com
Last edited by Machinist on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

I would love to attend this tourney, but May 2nd and 3rd is The Rock in Salina. The Rock is one of the "don't miss" KDGA events. Any way you can put this on a different date? I know how tough it is to coordinate dates with one state, so if you can't, don't worry about it.
Friz-Rocker

Re: MCook, Ne - Bring The Heat - May 2, 2009

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Machinist wrote:PDGA Members $10 off entry
Anytime someone tries to market this as a Discount,I will always point out that this is really a discouraging PDGA penalty.People need to quit insulting our intelligence with this crap.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Support Disc Golf. Sign Up!!! You'll save yourself some money if you play in any tournaments.
scarpfish

Re: MCook, Ne - Bring The Heat - May 2, 2009

Post by scarpfish »

It would really be really nice if we could coordinate back to back one dayers up in that region, even if we would have to cross the state line to do it. I know some folks were expressing reservations last summer about driving up to Norton last year because of the gas prices.

Bruce, here's our tentative schedule for the year. We have an event in Norton on August 9. Another event in McCook on 8/8 might help attendance at both events. I've heard very good things about the McCook course.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The biggest problem is that most of the events on the Kansas schedule are not PDGA events. So it is darn near impossible to coordinate. The KDGA at one time had a couple of events in Nebraska.

As far as the $10 fee. You can look at it either way, penalty or discount. As far as I am concerned it is the single dumbest thing the PDGA has done in several years.
Machinist

Post by Machinist »

So would it be safer never to mention the $10 off until the person is registering for the event and then at that time you can find out if they are a member and handle it accordingly? Just trying to find better ways, that way there is more positive feed back. I will be throwing 4 events in McCook this year, 2 of which will be sanctioned maybe a possible 3rd not sure on that one yet.
Scarpfish thanks for the schedule, this will come in handy when trying to set future events.
smitty

Post by smitty »

We have several events in Kansas that could/should be sanctioned. The TD's of these events know that there isn't many local players that are not members of the PDGA. They want to keep the locals happy (which is important) so they don't sanction them.

We also have a couple events in Kansas that are sanctioned and probably shouldn't be. Either the attendance is hurt because the locals don't play because of the extra fees or the TDs don't fulfill their "duties" for what ever reason.

What we really need for a few people to step up and run some non-sanctioned events that are bigger and better then the PDGA events.

To me the only benefit of sanctioning and event PDGA event calendar and player ratings (which mean nothing in the long run).
Machinist

Post by Machinist »

Here in Nebraska is almost the total opposite, i will get a bigger turnout if i throw a sanctioned event than if i throw a local non-sanctioned.

Last year i threw a local non-sanctioned event here in McCook in hopes for a good turnout but ended up with a lot of comments from other golfers here in Ne telling me that if i were to sanction the event that i would get more people to come from further away. Kinda of funny how that works, i threw the event as a non-sanctioned one and the turnout was not great but everyone that attended had a blast and the payouts were good too. This event was called fire in the hole and i will be putting it on again this year as a non-sanctioned event.

In my opinion i enjoy both, the cost of the entry fee to me does not matter that much, i go for the cool people i get to meet and the new friends that will be made and lets not forget playing some cool courses that i have not yet played before.
Machinist

Re: McCook, Ne - Bring The Heat - May 2, 2009

Post by Machinist »

Anyone from Kansas going to make it to McCook for this event? I have set up discounts at the Days Inn , here is the link to the page on NebDisc.com... http://nebdiscforums.yuku.com/topic/2432
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am sure that Kyle and DM4 have it on the to do list. How far is it from Hays? That is where the "biggest" group of western Kansas golfers live.
CHAS.

Post by CHAS. »

Hey guys thinking about getin to this one. Any Motels close? Or might take the old van been trying to sell if so where can I can camp?
kyle

Post by kyle »

I would probably have gone, but it is the same weekend as The Rock.
Machinist

Post by Machinist »

It is about a 3 hour drive from hays, depending on how fast of a driver you are and yes there are motels close by, there is a link that i posted a couple comments up that give you instructions on how to get the discounts that the DAYS INN is providing to the out of town Disc Golfers and there is also a pre-registration form that you can print fill out and mail in, if you know that you are going to make it forsure please pre-reg, there is a limited field of 72 players. here is the link again

http://nebdiscforums.yuku.com/topic/243 ... s.html[url][/url]

Hope we see a good turn out from KS golfers