Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Newton tournament

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
ranmatt

Newton tournament

Post by ranmatt »

:D Newton Tournament :D

This is a tentative event as there is some question as to whether the county will let us have an event at this course again. I am working on getting everything cleared and oked.

Saturday Sept 13th

Sponsored by discinranmatt

This is a KDGa event.

Registration starts at 0830. Players meeting at 0945.
2 rounds, first round starting at 10 and the 2nd round starting 1 hour after the last group comes in from morning round.

All divisions offered as long as there are at least 3 in each.

Open divisions (Open, men open women, and Masters) $33.00

Open divisions pay out -------100 % cash

Advanced Am $23.00

Intermediate $18.00

Recreational and Junior $13.00

Amateur divisions ----------100 % prize payout in plastic

$2.00 ace fund optional

:D hope to see veryone there. :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

Why wouldn't they want you to use it? All you have to do is call them. I know Rusco had a little trouble reaching them, but once he got in touch with them it was no problem.
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

:( Its not looking good for the event at camp hawk, I will find out for sure on friday. The county park is saying we will have to get insurance against anyone getting hurt and for damages to the park. I am tryng to get taht waved. keep your fingers crossed. :D
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

ranmatt wrote::( Its not looking good for the event at camp hawk, I will find out for sure on friday. The county park is saying we will have to get insurance against anyone getting hurt and for damages to the park. I am tryng to get taht waved. keep your fingers crossed. :D
Have the county park write up a waiver that they would like you to use. If a player doesn't sign, they can't play. We have used them before. Lot's of tourney's do and they work! Just a thought.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Do it as a PDGA event, and get insurance for $50 bucks.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Yeah, that would be sweet, I'm always looking for more PDGA events to go to.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

No doubt that would be SWEET!!!!!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

Unfortunately its not really the problem. They are just using it as an excuse. The real reason is last tournament, either during or shortly after some of the buildings where broke into and vandalized disc golfers where blamed. I am sure its wasnt but we do have a shaddy rep in some circles. lol
Like I said earlyer will know this friday.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I don't know what their deal is.

Last year Rusco gave them a deposit to run the event. They only gave him back half the deposit, due to beer cans. Now I am not saying that we (people at the tourney) didn't throw any cans on the ground, but I am sure most of them were already there.

Now if one of the buildings got damaged why would they ever return any of the deposit.

I would keep calling them, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I would also turn Kind on to them.
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

Not sure whats up but Kindy has help me out and I am staying after them. Dont know about the deposit the guy I talked to didnt say anything about it. Or the beer cans. lol I not sure any of them know whats going on in that office.
opie

Post by opie »

The park is open for casual rounds isn't it?

If so, why don't we all get together on 09/13/08 and play 2 casual rounds separated by a lunch break. We could make it interesting and play for a couple bucks (see above$$$). What does everyone think about 10 am for a start time. :wink:
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

Yea it is open. They still may let us have an event, hopefully will know tomarrow. As for casual round I wouldnt recomend it at least on that day. If we dont get the course I will still run an event and just have it at hh.
Swede

Post by Swede »

randy, gimme the name/number of who we're sposed to get permission from. got a golf buddy or two that used to be on the parks committee. i'm positive we can get it going.

and yeah, we do have d-bags that leave cans on the course on casual rounds but peer pressure seems to keep it clean at tourneys.

kindy and some of the boys have been dreaming up a way to play 2 different 18's because we don't have alternates on all 24. is everyone hoping to play the orig. course or would people be up for a whole new configuration. length per hole and difficulty would increase overall though some of the origs. would remain. whats everyone up for?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I'd love to see some new shots out at Newton. Not that the original 24 is bad at all, but you could make some pretty sweet par 4's. Dog leg holes, you name it. Nice peice of property. Not sure I can make it, but I will try.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote: Not sure I can make it, but I will try.
Get there early so you can change the course. :shock: 8) :lol: