Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Dr. Disc Golf

Throwing techniques/styles, training, practice
jtkustomizer

Numbness then pain in Hand

Post by jtkustomizer »

Dr Disc Golf

On my warmups before playing my throwing hand tends to go Numb after the first 3 throws. then after a few more throws i get this bad pain in the palm of my hands. it eventually goes away after about 20 or so throws and doesnt come back until after a break, when i go back to warmup before the next round and then the same thing happens just the same.

What could be causing this problem?

To much pressure on my disc???
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

i would say pass the bowl sooner your burning your hand.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

disclizard wrote:i would say pass the bowl sooner your burning your hand.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ronconversjr

Re: Numbness then pain in Hand

Post by ronconversjr »

jtkustomizer wrote:Dr Disc Golf

On my warmups before playing my throwing hand tends to go Numb after the first 3 throws. then after a few more throws i get this bad pain in the palm of my hands. it eventually goes away after about 20 or so throws and doesnt come back until after a break, when i go back to warmup before the next round and then the same thing happens just the same.

What could be causing this problem?

To much pressure on my disc???
This almost sounds like the effects of a repetetive stress injury.YOU SHOULD HAVE IT CHECKED OUT BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL...SERIOUSLY!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
gippy

Post by gippy »

Ya what he said to me sounds like nerve damage. A friend of mine had similar symptoms and it turn out to be carpel tunnel had to have surgery to fix get yourself checked out
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sounds like we really need a Doctor Disc Golf!
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Well, HAVE YOU MADE THAT APPOINTMENT YET?
Having worked in the construction /assembly field for a long time I assure you that this IS NOT FUNNY.Not only can this affect your golf game,this can become a major issue in all factors of your life. This could be as simple as a pinched nerve(did I mention that my sister is a chiropractor)or,this could be something requiring surgery.The point is that either way ,to avoid the chance of further damage SEE YOUR DOCTOR.
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Cat

Re: Dr. Disc Golf

Post by Cat »

What is up with me dr.
I can not seem to want to win.
That might seem wierd to some but i can not seem to get that instinct to want to win.
plus when i want to compete i seem to try to hard and just trash the throws.

Any help for this guy doc.
JTP
Miles from a course.....minutes from a gater.
Cat

Post by Cat »

DONT WORRY I can take criticism. just try to help! Ill apreciate it.
We are going to new orleans this weekend for the pot of gold tournament
I was hoping for a little something to go on!
JTP
smitty

Post by smitty »

Joe The Pro-

I am not Dr. DG, but here is my advise.

Don't go into the tourney with the mindset "At least I am not driving around in a truck full of TNT." Look at it like this! "I drive around all week in a truck full of TNT! This Fing 20 foot putt isn't SH!T! If I miss, I will still be alive to tell about it after the round! I am just going to make it, and who cares if I miss."

My guess is, you will place in the top 1/3 and bring home some bacon.

If you don't have an ESP Zone yet, PM me you address and you will by the end of next week.

ps. You finish in the top 1/3 and bring home some bacon and CAT will provide all the TNT your old butt can handle. :lol:

Good luck brother and send me that address if you want a Zone.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Smitty,

PM'd you. Two tournaments ago, a doubles tournament, JTP and his partner placed first in Grandmasters, me and my partner placed first in Pro Master Women and Dink and her partner placed first in Am women. How's that for a Castleberry sweep?

Thanks for the info. You made JTP's day.

Cat
Ruder

Re:

Post by Ruder »

smitty wrote:So Dr. DG

I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot hit my lines, I cannot make a putt from outside of 15 feet.

Tonight I hit chains on 16 out of 18 putts and only shot -10.

What is the problem???

It may have something to do with the fact that I am married with 2 kids, a new house, and a 40+ hour a week job.

Any suggestions? I do love my wife and kids. The house and job are a little iffy at this time.

Let me know if you have any answers.
Practice in your head before you go to sleep :D Thats provided you actually get some of that!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Postby Ruder » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 am
Lets star a resource clinic thread. With everyones help we can make it badass. The theory is that someone comes with a problem and we help fix it, the cool part would be to find out it actually helped.

well you will have to say something or am i just helpless

RIGHT!

I mean it come on now any theories?
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Usually when I have this problem it's because I am worrying too much about playing a specific tourney well or worrying about performance in general. I mean, when I'm playing lights out until tourney time and then I go to crap...remember that you didn't wake up and lose the skills you had yesterday. There is a "fear of success"in the psych books, but I would guess it's more like trying too hard to make something happen. Instead, take each shot by itself. Play smoothly and enjoy your game. Don't worry about anything you can't control. Control your shot AT THAT INSTANT and everything else will fall into place. Don't expect to play any better than you do in practice, but don't stress on it. You will only play as well as you can. Keep the thinking part of your game for shot selection and choosing the disc to make the shot.After you have decided the best shot and the best disc, DO IT. Execution should be focus on nothing but execution, remember, you are only playing the course.
Good to hear from ya'll, just get out and ENJOY IT!
Ron
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Re: Re:

Post by ronconversjr »

Ruder wrote:
smitty wrote:So Dr. DG

I SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot hit my lines, I cannot make a putt from outside of 15 feet.

Tonight I hit chains on 16 out of 18 putts and only shot -10.

What is the problem???

It may have something to do with the fact that I am married with 2 kids, a new house, and a 40+ hour a week job.

Any suggestions? I do love my wife and kids. The house and job are a little iffy at this time.

Let me know if you have any answers.
Practice in your head before you go to sleep :D Thats provided you actually get some of that!

Focus...Clear your mind of distractions, concentrate on nailing the line that you see and DO IT. Lame excuses about 18 kids :shock: , lack of time to practice :roll: and being a responsible worrying adult, just won't get it! :lol: :idea:
www.DynamicDiscs.com