Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Truly Bizzare Movies

A place for off topic discussion. Please keep it keep it clean & nice
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Saw The Machinist and Donnie Darko.

I didn't really get into the Machinist too much. That guy shouldv'e just offed himself. I didn't find it that believable. Some movies that doesn't matter, because something larger is yet unexplained. Kinda funny, eh?

Donnie Darko was enjoyable. I would have liked it more when I was younger and my rebellious spirit was in full swing. Funny movie though.

Wish I would have watched Memento a second time. That one gets points for creativity. Very simple, yet complicated.
doc

Post by doc »

Re: Memento...A computerWiz buddy of mine had downloaded the movie back when it came out...and then watched it in order. HA!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Kwayzi man, I wonder if it made more or less sense when watched in order.

Donnie Darko was in the 80's, but the movie isn't very old, right?
doc

Post by doc »

An oldie or it least it should be, and definitely kinda cheezey, too, ANGUISH. Worth a watch...if you can find it.
It's got some clever twists to it... Don't even read the box... Would be best seen in a theater.

Will prolly only be on VHS and in the $.99 rack...

I mentioned cheezey, right?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The cheesiest movie I've ever seen might be "Live by the Fist". It has the Captain Sulu guy in it and some kickbocking dude that wasn't really an actor. Hilarious in a "C" rated movie kind of way.
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Two more worth checking out...

Vulgar - A View Askew(Kevin Smith) flick, One of my favorite quotes of all time came from this movie.

The Ugly - This one is from New Zealand, some awesome cinematography in this one.

Try watching both of these in one sitting.:shock:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I just saw Silent Hill. That one qualifies as "bizarre". Red Pyramid was one bad dude.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Another David Lynch movie that was pretty whacked was "Blue Velvet".

Dennis Hopper plays this murderous insaniac that calms himself down with nitrous oxide. He's a real looney in this one.
Ring

Post by Ring »

Dark City...Keefear Sutherland plays a great part in this movie.

Benny and June.. One of Johnny Depps best performances!

Flatliners..The name says it all.. Awsome storyline.

Warriors.. Talk about lame! Who the hell would run from clowns on skates?
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
W

Post by W »

Are you kidding? Reading the box was the best part of "Anguish"
No....where've you been?
Chris Wiggins

Post by Chris Wiggins »

Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Call me..... Betty.

Aye, yai, yai, yai!
Chris Wiggins

Post by Chris Wiggins »

And then... he killed the dog :shock:
Clay

Post by Clay »

What do you get when you cross an owl and a bungee cord?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Saw one of those mindtrip movies tonight. "The Thirteenth Floor".

This guy thinks he has worked 6 years to develop an artificial intelligence world of real people and finds out his own world is not real, but a creation from another. Another wild part was how people could go into "the simulation" and possess their AI counterpart. And if you died in the simulation, the AI counterpart possessed your body in your world. Pretty far out. Made in 1999 and never heard about it until tonight.

After I watched this movie, their was this feature on the WSU channel that was talking about LIGO. This was the first time I'd heard about this. New equipment that uses extreemely long isolated tunnels, mirrors, and lights to measure infinitesimal differences in distance (1/1000 the size of a proton) that split light travels. They are trying to detect space time disruptions caused by "gravitational waves". Also an unfamiliar reality. I guess these anomolies are caused by huge events in space such as supernovas and when 2 black holes or neutron stars are absorbed into one. They can see millions of light years out with this technology. Pretty amazing stuff.