Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Truly Bizzare Movies

A place for off topic discussion. Please keep it keep it clean & nice
Schoen-hopper

Truly Bizzare Movies

Post by Schoen-hopper »

What to do when you are bored and can't go throw? No ordinary film will do; it's got to be whacked.

Actually, I don't know how long it's been since I've seen a movie, crazy or no. A couple I remember offhand, I'm sure I could think of more....

Eraserhead by David Lynch. I don't know if this one was an insight into the mind of a paranoid schizo or what.

Bloodsucking Freaks? Not for the timid, maybe not for anybody.

I need some good suggestions to deprave myself with...
superq

Post by superq »

Begotten

not for the weak of heart... watch it once thats enough maybe watch the credits twice!!!
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

"QUENTIN TARANTINO" :shock:
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Oh yeah...

"Basketcase" A guy has a telepathic, mutated, seperated siamese brother that he carries around in a basket. The thing gets jealous and goes on murderous rampages.

"Meet the Feebles" Muppets on drugs. Guy that directed Lord of the Rings did this one.
doc

Post by doc »

Memento, Donnie Darko...worth seeing for sure.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

The Machinist

Saw it over the weekend. It's odd but excellent.

For over the top, freak you out bizarreness it's gotta be...

Pink Flamingos by John Waters.

See that and the song "How Much is That Doggie in the Window" will never be the same.
Last edited by Nivek9 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eschew Obfuscation
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sometimes foreign films are the strangest.

The Japanese "Iron Man" was about this dude who finds his body turning mechanical.

"Even Dwarves Started Small". A German midget movie! Nothing but little people running amok.

Tarantino is bizzare? I dunno, maybe overdramatic is a better word. Does Rob Zombie fall into the same category?

House of 1000 corpses was pretty crazed.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was another good one that isn't all that old, like most of these.

No Sci-Fi's so far? If you count Anime, I'm sure some more titles will start rolling in....
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Nivek9 wrote:Pink Flamingos by John Waters.
Eschew Obfuscation
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I got to see Pink Flamingos. Got it. Is it bizzare or bizarre? If it is awful, I'm going to blame you! J/K, I know if it wasn't awful, you wouldn't be referring it to me. :lol:

The most bizarre movie I've ever seen was one that I shouldn't have. "The Naked Lunch". Typewriter / Bugs that talk out of their bung.

You mentioned Zappa in another post. Ever seen any of his movies? I saw part of one called "200 Motels". It was pretty silly. He has one called "Uncle Meat" that sounds pretty scary. Lol.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

I've seen 200 Motels but hadn't heard of an Uncle Meat movie, although I have the album. Another good one along that line is Head. It's a Monkee's movie but has Jack Nicholson and Zappa in it as well.

I certainly wouldn't call Pink Flamingos good by any means. It's rather disgusting and crude. "Plot Outline: A family of rednecks and a pair of swingers do battle with one another for the rights to the title 'The Filthiest People Alive.' " I got it at a video rental place years ago with an R rating and after I saw it felt it deserved at least an NC-17. John Waters is the guy behind Hairspray, Polyester and several other off the wall movies. But it's his first. The production qualities are pretty bad and it stars the late Divine. The world's most famous transvestite actor.

If you are looking for a very high quality bizarre movie I'd recommend Mulholland Drive from David Lynch. Watch for the blue box.
Eschew Obfuscation
doc

Post by doc »

I'm now vindicated in NOT suggesting Naked Lunch...as bizarre. It is indeed well beyond truly bizarre.
DiscDiva

Post by DiscDiva »

Crank, it is truely an edge of your seat kinda movie and very interesting.
Struggle as hard as you can for whatever you believe in.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

DiscDiva wrote:Cattle Slaughter, it is truely an edge of your knife kinda move and very nourishing.
:shock: :shock:
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Of those suggested, the video store only had Memento. It did a pretty good job on me.

It took me a few minutes to figure out that the movie was playing backwards. It get's more and more strange as it progresses. Guy who can't remember 30 seconds ago, what a trip.

I saw a movie that this reminded me of, but I can't remember the name. This guy is locked in the looney bin with some warden named Conklin. About every 20 minutes the guy "wakes up" to a new reality. It keeps happening over and over and gets really confusing. A dream inside a dream inside a dream....
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Schoen-hopper wrote:I saw a movie that this reminded me of, but I can't remember the name.
Hmmm.... Better start leaving yourself clues and making notes.....

Try the Machinist if you liked Momento. Another good one like that is called 11:14. It jumps around in time like that, continuously backing up until it all makes sense, sort of. Also check out "Run Lola Run". It's outstanding. It's German and subtitled but well worth it.
Eschew Obfuscation