Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

22nd Annual Frontier Open

Hays news and info
str8

22nd Annual Frontier Open

Post by str8 »

That time of the year is here. I'm taking the Officials test thursday and sending off the sanctioning agreement and check. I want to have a meeting Sunday at 3:30 before league, so spread the word.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Brett you need to post the new stamp. I think it could be the best stamp since the Frontier revival. I cannot wait to get a Flyin Bison Pred.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I'm a sucker for the roots stamp. But this flyin bison stamp is friggin AWESOMEE!!!@$J!$!]
I can't wait for the colors.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
str8

Post by str8 »

The color stamp is amazing!! I should have a pic to post this week. The sponsorships will be starting soon, the booklet will be drafted and the players' package will be sweet. I'm getting pumped!! We're turning 22 this year and Ron Rice is still the man!! The Froniter Open is: "Ron Rice's son; the Flying Bison."
-overstable-

Post by -overstable- »

smitty wrote:Brett you need to post the new stamp. I think it could be the best stamp since the Frontier revival. I cannot wait to get a Flyin Bison Pred.
Any color pics of this yet?? :?:
You don't quit playing games because you get old.

You get old because you quit playing games.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

It IS AMAZING!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
str8

Post by str8 »

There were some technical difficulties that had to be ironed out with the last draft. However, I should have a final draft soon.
-overstable-

Post by -overstable- »

str8 wrote:There were some technical difficulties that had to be ironed out with the last draft. However, I should have a final draft soon.

Any pics of the stamp yet?

Also, as I had told Str8 on Sunday, I have a pic or two to share from last year's Frontier Open. He carries his wind gauge with him at all times.

Hopefully, the wind won't be so brutal on you all this year. This shot was seen many times because of the gusty winds last year.

You don't quit playing games because you get old.

You get old because you quit playing games.
str8

Post by str8 »

Shooter,

Ron is a legend and a friend to me. He's not back in regards to being active in the club, but he still works for the park's department and thus helps getting the course ready for the tourney. I still see the passion for DG in his eyes, but his absence from the sport may be more work related than lack of interest. We have revived "his" tournament and the credibility that he brought to it. We paid tribute to him on the 20th annual with the theme "The roots that Ron grew." This year our theme is "The Resurection," as we have reestablished the Flying Bison Disc Golf Club which has been inactive since his departure from the Frontier. We currently have 16 members which is incredible for this small town.

I will seen Ron in a few weeks, I would be happy to relay a message to him if you like.

Str8
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Can't wait for the Frontier!!

Bring on the wind and cooler, drier weather. Will we see Flying Bison this year? Last year I saw an albino squirrel in the park, so I won't be too surprised. 24x3 is a great format for a great course. I really digged the temp holes last year as they did not subtract from the high standard of course that is Frontier Park. See you soon!
doc

Post by doc »

Regretfully, I'm unable to make the journey to the great Frontier (Open) this year. :(
I would like to sponsor a CTP hole, though. Brett, use the hole I aced(!) out there (#5?) last year, in the easier pin position, please.
Ace On fellow DG'ers! Liquid Bread must flow!!
doc