Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

what do you want... (back by poplular demand)

Capital City News
superq

Post by superq »

50-50 like the club foots half the bill, it is pretty standard, I can not tell you all the deals that have gone on, but it seems to me Emporia paid at least 50% for there courses, Lawrence bought 1/2 the hoops, and the city kicked in the concrete and 1/2 the hoops...

I am sure Topeka would help with the concrete, the thing is at crestview, it is a good course, but it could be a lot better if more of the terrain was used, we have started to do that in the last few years by adding pins on hole
1 long and right by the creek
2 up on top of the hill, (this could be made a double mando so you have to throw left of the pole and right of the tree)
4 left down by the fire house
5 long left
7 long left
8 to 9
10 woods hole -nuff said

and obviously the 6 holes on the other side of the road.

the issue is that those 6 holes would be great if we could do tee pads, and if we get rid of the extra holes on the main side, we have room to add some new pins, and unclog some of the park. but if we do that, crestview becomes a gold level course, and the new players will not want to play it, so the alternative is to use big shunga and set it up as a gold course then we still have a basic course in the same part of town. I am not saying new players will not go to big shunga, but we need to have an alternative, and the lake and rice are to far out to be valid.

Now that I feel like Hopper I am out.
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

I was a new player not too long ago, and I don't remember me or any of the noobs saying any course is "too long" or "too hard" The best thing to do for newer players at all courses would be tee markers/signs, course maps, and a clean park.

Tee markers and ease of navigating the course is the main problem, and the easiest fix.

That and the courses not getting mowed more than 4 times a year. :twisted:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Crestview was always my favorite in Topeka. Big oak trees make for a several fun holes. I haven't played it gold, though. I bet stretching some of those holes out would make them even better. I have yet to make it to Big Shunga, but have heard nothing but good things.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

I vote Re-design. :D
superq

Post by superq »

ok so assuming there would be a re-design of crestview what holes if any would we keep?

I have always enjoyed playing from the corner of the parking lot (by the bleachers on the softball field) to hole 3 basket, what if the course started up that way?
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

your on the right track, that would be a great 1st hole!!!

Holes I would keep 4, 5, 6, 8 and 15.
superq

Post by superq »

15 is an interesting thought, 3 pin locations... I would like to see 10-12 holes on that main part of the park, we can fit 8 holes on the other side if it comes to that, the park goes back a ways, and even if it meant having a 700 footer that was open except for the last 50-60 feet where the hoop is.
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

12 is good too, and blind hyzer pins are great.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Out of the 8 placements me and heddy put in, 12 was always my fav. Just hate throwing right at walkers.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

whats up Q? When we putting in placements?
J

Post by J »

superq wrote:ok so assuming there would be a re-design of crestview what holes if any would we keep?

I have always enjoyed playing from the corner of the parking lot (by the bleachers on the softball field) to hole 3 basket, what if the course started up that way?
everytime I played the most recent "gold" placements on the east side of the park, I thought they were the best holes. Maybe Im just wierd.
superq

Post by superq »

pins going in at rice as soon as I can get the material, need 8 36inch long 2inch id sleves and bags of quickcrete... then homey with the hookup to get the auger and we are in business...

I will talk to phil and see if the club has it in the budget right now if not I will pass the hat.
J

Post by J »

superq wrote:pins going in at rice as soon as I can get the material, need 8 36inch long 2inch id sleves and bags of quickcrete... then homey with the hookup to get the auger and we are in business...

I will talk to phil and see if the club has it in the budget right now if not I will pass the hat.
Is rice getting more holes? New Placements? I must of missed this.... sounds like Im going to have to make a trip to the "new" rice in the near future :D
superq

Post by superq »

HELL YEA rice gold 2006...

lengthening all of the current holes about as much as we can.
J

Post by J »

superq wrote:HELL YEA rice gold 2006...

lengthening all of the current holes about as much as we can.

Rock on!