Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

what do you want... (back by poplular demand)

Capital City News
heddy

Post by heddy »

yeah buddy! lets play some golf today.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

um... ok
superq

Post by superq »

Leo I have no problem with getting you a set of keys, the thing is the keys need to be with a CLUB member and course management is going to be an ELECTED position. The date and location for the next meeting will be posted so we will see you there. :D
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

I don't WANT my own KEYS. I WANT the person with the KEYS to MOVE BASKETS!!!

Here is directions to the course in case you and whoever has the keys have forgot...
Take Fairlawn to Shunga drive, take a right, you'll come up on a baseball field turn at the park entrance. Hole 1 is by left field.

btw, who put you in charge?
superq

Post by superq »

No one is in charge of anything. there is going to be an election at the next meeting, I have stepped in to run things in the interium. See what happened is that the anchor of club activities in Topeka anounced a few years ago that he no longer wanted to be involved, just wanted to be a golfer. No one ever stepped up, from my point of view it looked like no one wanted to, and that is a shame. I mean look at the Shunga last year, it went from a B tier to a C from two day to one, from 60+ players to less than 30. You seem to think that things just happen and I am here to tell you that all of these things take time and effort. so do I think that someone who is not a member of the orginiation that is trying to do things for disc golf in Topeka should have acess to the keys to the baskets? HELL NO. As far as Chris Davis having the keys, he and Johny were suposed to be in charge of the courses since the last election, they never got keys (you had a set and Heddy had a set. as far as who put me in charge I repeat no one did, I stepped up to try to get something going again in this town a little more organized. If you have an opinion about who should do what in the club come to the meeting and vote otherwise keep you have no grounds to bitch other than to hear yourself talk.

Leo, I think you would be a great course maintainer, even though you do not live in topeka you play the courses as much as anyone in town, you have great ideas for new pins and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty doing the work, unfortunatly you have expressed in the past that you dont want to do it, that is the great thing about all of this, if you just want to be a golfer and have a good time play golf, and get blazed that is cool, if you want to play golf and have a say in what goes on and try to grow the sport well that is cool too.

I really do not think that I will run for any office at the club election this year. I want to leave that to the people that really have the time to devote to making things better, My priorities are with my family right now, and I would not be able to devote the time it would take, I will finish working with the city to get the baskets and I will work with the lake to get some design changes, I will help with Shunga Nunga. I really hope that someone will step up and volunteer to do it and do it well, becuase Topeka can be a great club, and could do a lot for Disc golf, We have so many players that would get involved if people would just reach out to them...

Oh well my rant has already fallen on deaf ears, so :wink: whatever
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

I mean look at the Shunga last year, it went from a B tier to a C from two day to one, from 60+ players to less than 30. You seem to think that things just happen and I am here to tell you that all of these things take time and effort.

YOU are telling ME about tournies?

so do I think that someone who is not a member of the orginiation that is trying to do things for disc golf in Topeka should have acess to the keys to the baskets? HELL NO.

Well your baskets wouldn't have been moved ONCE last season if it wasn't for a "non-club member"

If you have an opinion about who should do what in the club come to the meeting and vote otherwise keep you have no grounds to bitch other than to hear yourself talk.
No I have grounds to bitch because of the work I have done, you know the manual labor thats involved not to mention personal time, so get over it! And I refuse to take crap from people that are at the course maybe once a month!
superq

Post by superq »

First

I dont recall you td'ing anything. Good luck on the Pomona event this year, Do it at a Temp course and give out players packs and guarntee added cash.

Second

I moved the pins at the lake 3-4 times after september when I got the keys, I can not speak for what Chris did at crestview, I did put in one new placement last year, and I am getting new hoops and sleves for Crestview, I have asked several times about diging new placements for rice, When are we going to get that done?

Third
I know you have put some hours in at the courses moving pins and cleaning out placements, I resent the once a month comment, I have played at least two rounds a week for the last several years, and this winter I have played a lot of golf.

Finally

I am not trying to single you out Leo, I know that you would be a valuable addition to the Club, I am really trying to get everyone to see that If we have a strong club we can get a lot more accomplished than if we have 5-6 people trying to do their own thing.

Having said all that, I will see you on the links (next month I am sure) :lol:
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

superq wrote:First
I dont recall you td'ing anything. Good luck on the Pomona event this year, Do it at a Temp course and give out players packs and guarntee added cash.

Yeah Pomona is just a finished Jewel isn't it? So you TD'd one tourny and participated in what 3? You got me beat there.
Second
I can not speak for what Chris did at crestview, and I am getting new hoops and sleves for Crestview, I have asked several times about diging new placements for rice, When are we going to get that done?
If you were there more you'd see what he has done, nothing. New hoops, would be sweet, but how can you say your getting new hoops when we can't even replace broken sleeves?
Rice, well if the "Club" would release the money this would of already been done.
Third
I know you have put some hours in at the courses moving pins and cleaning out placements,
If this is true, why is it so hard to get something "constructive" done.
Finally
I am not trying to single you out Leo, I know that you would be a valuable addition to the Club,
Its not the "club" I am talking about. Judging by the shape the courses are in, we don't need "elected" officials, we need people that are going to do WORK.
Having said all that, I will see you on the links (next month I am sure) :lol:
I doubt it, I will be playing in tournies. Yeah those things I don't know anything about.
superq

Post by superq »

man, this is really under your skin.

Sorry and all, I did not mean that you know nothing about tournaments, I know that you play in a lot, playing and running are two different things, all those little things that just seem to happen for a player are the responsibility of the TD, It is one of the most underapreciated things I have ever done. Players just expect things to happen, well let me tell you 8 weeks of planning and working on a 1 day event last year was not enough.

as far as doing work yes you do, thanks a lot, it is apprecaited.

As far as the club releasing money, take that up with the old treasurer, I know that there was Wakarusa money from last year but it did not go to the club since there were no club members helping out at the event, I didnt make it. The club has less than 500 in the bank right now, and most of that is from Shunga last year.

As far as broken sleves, the Plan at Crestview this year is to replace all 18 baskets and have 2 settings on each hole, Depending what the City wants to do we may also re-design the park and rip out a lot of the old holes and tees (would appreciate your input if this happens with re-design ideas)

Good luck in Texas 8)
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

To shake the flu.
str8

Post by str8 »

I want to have a cool Canoli name like: Brett Longbeard.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

str8 wrote:I want to have a cool Canoli name like: Brett Longbeard.
No you dont
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

"rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells"
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

"Now ya do what they told ya"
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

:lol: