Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Baskets

Pratt news and info
Flickdaddy

Baskets

Post by Flickdaddy »

There has been word that Pratt Disc Golf Club and the city of Pratt are going to be getting 9 Mach 5 baskets... They are supposed to be on order or something.. Lets hope!!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Are you going to make some changes to the course? Or just put them in the same place? You could make the front if that is where you put them flow a ton better. While you are changing the course, you should move some other baskets and change the holes up to make the course play safer.

Some things that could make the course play a lot harder!

Put 2's basket on that slope next to the road.

Move basket 4 farther back and to the right.

Take out hole 7 or make it longer, it is to easy!

Move the basket for hole 10, it is to close to 11 tee. Move it to the right and closer to the creek.

Play hole 12 to where 7's basket is now or move it farther to the right.

Play hole 13 to 14's basket.

Something should be done with holes 15 and 16. You may need to take a chainsaw in to the woods and do some damage.

You would then need to add a few holes to the park side of the course.

Just some ideas.

Smitty
Flickdaddy

Post by Flickdaddy »

Well when we get everything that we need this spring or whenever the baskets are supposed to be in you should come to town and do alittle brainstorming to help me help them visualize a bitchen course.. Im going to go woop up on kendog here within the hour so I will check into some of these ideas.. I do agree with stretching alot of these holes I mean there is so much park left to be used out there. Im going to look into finding photo of the park on one of those satellite websites and possibly draw up something.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Try terraserver.com, it usually has a tons of maps.

You are right that park is big and unused. You have a kick butt tunel shot in those cedars infront of hole 2. You have another good tunel shot from 4's pad going towards the tracks.

Change is hard for people, but after it has been made, they usually like it.

Smitty
Flickdaddy

Post by Flickdaddy »

Yeah and this course needs both change in layout and baskets.. I mean come on the dude that designed doesnt even play or has never played the game!!!!!!!! So yes a change is due.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Good thing you have those new t-pads. They will make changes even harder.

Smitty
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Did you guys in Pratt put up a new course or something, I have heard that there either is a new one or going to be a new one. You guys are getting new baskets, nice, so no more Firestone Baskets???
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

This farm viewer website will help get an aerial view. Just keep zooming in and moving until you find the park.

http://www.worldwideag.net/FarmFinder%20Main.htm

Mapquest offers something like this too.
Flickdaddy

Post by Flickdaddy »

Smitty-

I was looking at the course and figured a few things out that would make the course more technical and not so short with the existing tee pads.. I cant really explain them on here but maybe next time your here I can show you.. I think Im going to be getting community service soon for that one thing we talked about last time you were here and I belive that I will put all the time in on the course and hook some SH**T up. I just hope these people arent jerking my chain about the new baskets.
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

For the record the 9 Mach 5's are in Pratt, but still in the box. I will be seeking permission to use them at the Ice Bowl. If that works, no baskets will be needed.

kennyt
"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." -- President George Washington, 1753
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

Also, the 9 Mach 5's will be installed in the original course, and we will push to have them in by the April tournament.

kennyt
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

woo hoo! I finally got rid of that old signiture.
"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." -- President George Washington, 1753
smitty

Post by smitty »

That kicks BUTT

Go and get those suckers and stick them in the ground. Do they have the same collars that the DC baskets have?

That is great!

Your club will make enough $$ for 9 mor in no time.

Smitty
Flickdaddy

Post by Flickdaddy »

Yeah smitty that means no more spitters on hole four!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!! Maybe with the new baskets you will get something to stick eh?
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

Yup, same as DC, but we only bought one so we could save by making our own and make second pin locations.