Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2008 Pratt Ice Bowl Planning

Pratt news and info
beisner

2008 Pratt Ice Bowl Planning

Post by beisner »

Here we are. Time to start planning for our ice bowl. I'll need to talk with the parks director and possibly the city commission again to get permission to use both parks. We have 2 dates picked out: 1st or 3rd Saturday of February.

We think this year we're going to make it a PDGA C-Tier event. Instead of raising canned goods in exchange for mulligans, we'll issue CTP tickets for canned goods, and have several nice CTP prizes out there.

Once again there is free soup lunch, this time at BEANZ COFFEE SHOP, for every player who brings 4 pieces of dry or canned goods.

The beneficiary will be the same as in the past: The Pratt Christian Food Bank.

We won't be raising much added cash for this event, so as not to compete with our own spring time regular event. However, if we play this layout like we did last year - you're in for one heck of a disc golf course. 18 Mach 5's over two large neighboring parks, heavily wooded with old trees, lots of water hazard.

We'll keep you updated here.
Last edited by beisner on Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Cat

Post by Cat »

Hey RB...what's the latest with the Pratt Ice Bowl? Joe the Pro and I would like to make plans to head that way but we need to know when it is. Give us an update, please?
Miles from a course.....minutes from a gater.
beisner

Post by beisner »

Ok, we're registered...

Pratt Ice Bowl 2008 Date: Sat. 2/16/2007

I'm working on the PDGA C-Tier paperwork & will confirm here when it's officially on the tour schedule.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
smitty

Post by smitty »

Did you know that the PDGA now charges all nonPDGA members $10.00!

For the purpose of your Ice Bowl, I wouldn't sanction it. For the following reasons.

1- You don't have many PDGA members in Pratt
2- You will probably not have a big draw from other towns/states.
3- Weather, you can bet on it being cold!
4- It is for charity. So you will probably want to do mulligans or some other kind of fundraiser.

If you are going to do a B-tier this year again, I think you would be better off focusing your efforts on that. Remember the KDGA pays PDGA sanctioning fees for all KDGA events.
beisner

Post by beisner »

You're right. With the new $10 nonmember PDGA fee, I think we'll pass on PDGA sanctioning for the Pratt ice bowl.

That fee seems counterproductive for the PDGA ... (???)
/-=\_29151~-^\_
smitty

Post by smitty »

beisner wrote:You're right. With the new $10 nonmember PDGA fee, I think we'll pass on PDGA sanctioning for the Pratt ice bowl.

That fee seems counterproductive for the PDGA ... (???)
I think more then anything, it is a way to get some smaller events off their schedule. I think it is a bad idea also. We will see what the next year brings.

How about the fact that Ams can play pro and take plastic and stay an am. Or the expert division.
basket_case

Post by basket_case »

I can't believe it's January already. Is there going to be a meeting on Sunday? I've forgotten everything you said in the last one. :oops:

Smitty... game of Ice Bowl in Pratt?
beisner

Post by beisner »

smitty wrote: How about the fact that Ams can play pro and take plastic and stay an am. Or the expert division.
I think the Expert division is unnecessary. The prize taking thing would've helped Hickman @ Pratt!! However, I think the old way was better. It's more in line with other professional sports.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
beisner

2008 Pratt Ice Bowl Details

Post by beisner »

2008 Pratt Ice Bowl Details:

viewtopic.php?p=45989#45989
/-=\_29151~-^\_