Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Pratt - Sunday League

Pratt news and info
beisner

Pratt - Sunday League

Post by beisner »

SUNDAY LEAGUE - PRATT DISC GOLF CLUB

The Pratt Disc Golf Club meets every Sunday at the Mae Dennis Park on North Mound Street in little Pratt, Kansas. Tee-off is at 2:00pm.

You could take home the $50.00 Ace payout on any Sunday club play except the 1st Sunday of each month, when it's triple Ace payout if you strike it (that'd be $150)!

How to get to the Pratt Disc Golf Course:
Go West of the intersection of Highway 281 and Highway 54 approximately 3/4 mile and turn North on Mound Street. Go over the railroad tracks and there you are! 18 holes with concrete tee pads. Alternate dirt pads on "the 3rd nine."

What it costs:

-> Annual club membership is $25.00; you get custom T-Shirt, Towel, & Members-Only Club Mini. Optional Members-Only Ace club disc for add'l $10. Annual renewal is $10.00, and you get another mini each year.

Club Members:
-> $2 to play + $1 optional ace + $1 optional 2-Mullies
-> (That's $4 total to be all-in.)

Non-Members
-> $3 to play + $1 optional ace + $1 optional 2-Mullies
-> (That's $5 total to be all-in.)

Payouts are as follows:

-> $1 per head to player who is farthest under his/her handicap (20-game moving average). Ex: if there were 12 people payed in, and you beat your average by the most of anyone that day, you'd get $12.

-> $50 (or $150 on Big Money Sunday) to Club member who aces during club play.

-> Free club membership to non-member who aces during club play.

-> If you put in the $1 for mullies, you'll play CTP for 50% of that cash pool that day. The remainder goes to the Club's general fund. One mully front; one back, $1 total. This was added as a new mechanism to generate more funds for the club.

-> If no ace, the cash goes into the Ace fund.

-> The remainder of any entry fees goes to the Club's general fund.

This club pays out based on a flat 20-game moving average for a handicap. New Am players enter at a 60 average on their first week; New Pro players enter at a 54 average on their first week.

New in 2006: we have Pratt Disc Golf Club BAG TAGS - and they are on RAW SCORE, not average.

Our club's purpose is to raise money for course development & improvement. We put in 7 of the 10 Mach IV's with the clubs contributions so far. We're always happy to have more golfers join us! Come play with Joe the Pro, little Joe the Pro / Big Ed, Cat, Smurf, Pat Hall, Cort, Beisner, Veatch, Ken Dog, Tatro, Bud Man McGraw and other members who are randomly present! We usually have 8 to 10 locals each Sunday.

By the way - the Pratt Disc Golf Club holds its official meeting at 6PM on the 1st Thursday of every month. If you're a member, please try to attend to voice your wishes. We meet to cuss & discuss over tournament details, club policies, pricing, changes & life in general. **Meeting is held at 106 South Main Street - Across from Ace Hardware, inside the Breakroom Coffee Shop.**

:D
/-=\_29151~-^\_
kennyt

Post by kennyt »

Cortney Hughs hit the first ever, 'first Sunday' ace :roll: . He did it on hole ten. I think that is the first time that hole has been aced. That was worth $250. It was also his first league ace. I was told that it didn't even touch chains, just went in the basket. Who knows, as hard as he throws, it could have went through the face mask and in.

Congradulations Cortney, that's a lot of firsts.
"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." -- President George Washington, 1753
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

You Pratt Disd Golfers still playing on Sundays? Would love to hear more scores and highlights from you. Still hope to play a couple of Sundays yet this year. Don't give up on me yet.
phall

Post by phall »

We still play every Sunday. I would post the scores, but some of the Prattsters are not liking that idea.
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

I would be very interested in hearing the reason for that!!!
phall

Post by phall »

I think some people just don't want their scores up for everyone to see when they have a bad round.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

That will only help them get better! Should not be an issue. We all know what it's like to shoot a bad round! So they take a little ribbing and shoot better next time! Man-up!!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Yeah! I want to hear about your bad rounds! There is nothing wrong with public humiliation. J/K. You should make everyone fill out an opt out form if they would not like there names included on the forum scores.
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

There must be people playing there that I've not played with because I can't imagine any of the regulars that I've played with acting that way. If I were the type of person that didn't want anyone to know my scores at league I don't think I could make myself even go to league in the first place. I guess I'll have to start coming to league every week to find out how everyone is scoring.
phall

Post by phall »

I agree with you guys. I see the other groups putting their scores up and I thought it would be a good idea for Pratt. The Pratt club has a monthly meeting and the one (and only) time I brought it up it was shot down. The next time I see the group I will bring it up again and see what happens.

Master Dyck, you are always welcome to come and play.
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

How about just putting up the results without the scores such as who showed up and in what order they finished. That would be enough for me. Would they object to that?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Or better yet, just show the scores, but don't list any names. :lol:
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

That's no good, I'd rather see who's showing up to league every week than to see the scores. Some people care about the people playing and some people care about the scores and statistics of the people playing.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sometimes I just feel like a number. :cry: A really low number? Hopefully. :)
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

How about this (sorry if someone said this already), list all the participants names, then list the names and scores of those who cashed. That way no one is put off by their low scores, but we know what is going on.