Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Thursday Night League

Salina News and info.
disc golf superhero

Thursday Night League

Post by disc golf superhero »

Thursday night singles league. If we get enough we can have divisions. If not it's all for one.

Who's in?

I won't be able to start till June 9th but you can get it going with out me.
LowGo

Post by LowGo »

So what is the thinking?

Tuesday- Random draw doubles $4
Thursday- Singles $?
Sunday- 10am Singles $5
Sunday- 2pm Random draw doubles $3

Is this what everyone is thinking? Are we playing standard singles, or having a handicap? Also, if this is what we want, Do we want to move Sunday doubles to 1pm. That would make it so we could play singles, eat lunch and get right back to play doubles.
disc golf superhero

That about sums it up except Sunday 10am singles got downsized to $2.

Thursday singles would be $2 - $3. No handicap. As I said if we get enough interest we could have divisions.

Sunday singles we finished at 12:30 on the South side. We can move Sunday doubles to what ever the majority agrees on. Leaving it at two gives you time to get home, eat, nap, and get back.

Personally come mid-July and August making it out at two will be less & less of a priority for me. Then there's September when the NFL starts.
disc golf superhero

I vote yes we have an ace fund. Difference being if you hit it you get it. No carry over. If two hit the same night then they split it.

Might be more incentive to come out.

It's all up for up for debate right now. I just want to keep it simple.
LowGo

Post by LowGo »

I am not sure what you mean by carry over. I think the fund should build like always.

Anyway, we can talk about it tomorrow at league.
disc golf superhero

By carry over I mean if you hit an ace you get all of it. 50% of it does not carry over for the next guy.

You guys will have disguss this with out me tomorrow. Just don't make any decisions I won't like.
disc golf superhero

So what's going on here? I'm ready to get back in the groove. Did we have a Thursday singles league? Anyone showing up for 10AM singles on Sunday?
LowGo

Post by LowGo »

Thursday is going ok. Sunday at 10 became Saturday at 10. They are both charging $2. We do not have an ace fund for either day. Maybe you can run that. Who knows?

So how was the vacation?
disc golf superhero

Here's an idea, stolen from Hays, that may help revitalize Thursday Night league.
viewtopic.php?t=2609

Austin I forgot you used to go by 'LowGo' on here. Was that a reflection of your expectations?
Austin

Post by Austin »

disc golf superhero wrote:Here's an idea, stolen from Hays, that may help revitalize Thursday Night league.
viewtopic.php?t=2609
If you are willing to run skins I am willing to show up and take your money. :D

I am in for playing singles again. I don't think we want to burden ourselfs with a handicap league. We could charge $3. $2 for payout and $1 for ace. I like the idea of 100% payout with the ace. Do you want to run that Rich?
disc golf superhero wrote:Austin I forgot you used to go by 'LowGo' on here. Was that a reflection of your expectations?
LowGo is a short version of LowGoSolo. That was my main username on Halo 2.
disc golf superhero

Austin wrote:Do you want to run that Rich?
I can't commit to being there enough to run this league. I have my Tuesdays and that's about all I can promise.

I wouldn't consider it a handicap league. It'd be 1 on 1 skins. Two players to a box. The one with the most skins at the end of the night or end of the season wins. We could match up players of the same caliber. Like Randy vs me or you vs Tracy.
sb23

Post by sb23 »

i like the idea so when it this goin 2 start, if it does
Austin

Post by Austin »

If you guys are wanting a staight up singles league, I would be willing to run it. If you are wanting handicapping or skins you will need to find someone else. I would play, I just don't want extra work. We should ask around and see if there is any interest.

I think another good idea for Thursday is Thomas Park workdays. Mace has a meeting with Bob Ash at 3 today to show him general course design. That should give us a good time line for when we are going to get work done in that park.
disc golf superhero

How bout we show up tomorrow at 6 with $3. We pair each other up either random flip or pick as fair as possible and play one on one. The one with the most skins at the end of the night gets the money. If we have enough people we pay out 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. I wouldn't consider this a 'handicap' league.

Another idea could be to choose two captains and have a school yard pick off. Have two, three, four, etc teams. Once the teams are decided then captain one gets to choose the first match up. Captain two the second. etc until everyone's matched. Team with the most skins at the end of the night wins. So there'd be some strategy to each captains picks. We'd just need to decide how many people to limit to a team, how to choose captains, and what to do if we have an odd #.

Seems simple enough.
disc golf superhero

After discussing this with Austin it appears he's not a fan of the 'captain's' idea for fear he'll be picked last. Understandable. I'm sure MoThrow's has the same fear. Anyone else chicken?