Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Colwich

What's happenin' in Wichita
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

***RICKY BOBBY*** wrote:i will be at colwich at about 9am i wont be leaving until sunset so even if you cant come early come when you can to get a fill for the course.

SWEET :D I will be there after I get off of work. I have your # so I will call you when I am on my way 8)
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

sorry guys i really wanted to make this one but we arn't done moving so we need to run a couple more loads today. have fun and i'll be sure to make the next clean up .
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

League will be at Colwich both days this weekend. Singles on Sat. (blue tees) Doubles on Sun. (red tees)

I think league will be around 1pm both days, so the work will start at 9am. I can't run league Sat. and maybe Sun. as well. I'll get with Travis on this. Bill will be there to direct the needed help for the course clean up.

Last time we had 15 people show up for league, but only 4 came out early to assist with the work. Let's get a better ration this time around. Come tourney time, you'll be proud you worked on the course.
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Sorry but I have a racquetball tourny this weekend so I wont be able to make it out.
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Ron

Post by Ron »

It's my weekend with my son, but we will try to get out there for a little while and do what we can. unfortunately I won't be able to play a round I don't think and I'm still trying to get to a singles night so I can get a darn handicap.
Ron Richert

Post by 2 »

Played Colwich last nite..................................man that course kicks my a$$!! Best bet out there is to throw to an opening on your first shot and have a good clear second shot for par!! Easy to say .... Plus the wind is always a factor there.. It's nice and quiet and not a ton of golfers, kinda muddy... lot more clear (fairways) than it was..... good work!!! If you can stand on the tee pad and see the basket, then you can try to figure out a way to get there, if you can't see the basket from the tee? well...... goodluck... 8)
Khawk

Post by Khawk »

I love that course.
discscout

Post by discscout »

A couple new bridges are in, alot of trees have been trimmed, weeds have been pulled and stomped and the fiarways are nicely mowed. Play Colwich now while it is nice and before the leaves come on. Pick a day that is calm and a few days after the last rain (a chance to dry out). Yellow tees are the recreational tees. Blue tees play about average 57-58 for pros with Red tees slightly less at 55.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Colwich!!!Cowlwich!!!Cowlich!!! This course kicks my ass,but Iv`e got cabin[basement]fever and I don`t care!!! :shock:
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Bill left me a message that the Colwich course has been mowed and is ready again for play.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Here is the message from Bill:

"I left a message with Plamen; wanted to make sure you got it. Colwich has been cleaned up at the crossings to make it playable. The only bridge that fell down was the red 7. But the city has put in the culvert to get to the tees from 6 so we could steal that bridge and transfer them to red 7 crossing. Of course the tree trimming hasn't been done yet but the weeds at the crossings is mostly done. Haven't seen it but the one who did it said he did a decent job for 8 hours work. Please spread the word. I will get the scoreboards up out there soon."

Sounds like just a little work and the course will be in great shape.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

League is cancelled for Saturday, January 31st, which was supposed to be at Colwich. We could try to do Colwich on Sunday, Feb. 1st. I would not be in favor unless there was a lot of interest. In other words, attendance wouldn't be lower than if it were at Oak.

There are some plans for some workdays out at Colwich. When we can organize this, we should try to do a weekend of league and workdays out there.

Right now, the trees need raised on a great many fairways. There is a bridge that needs moved. And there is a ton of work to be done clearing fairways for long placements that aren't in the ground yet. A spring project might be getting short placments in the ground so the course is playable during the summer. Also in the spring, herbacide needs to be sprayed along the edges of the creek where vegetation is out of control and chokes out the fairways.
Schoen-hopper

Re: Colwich

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sounds like there will be some things to take care of at Colwich before the tournament. Plans right now are to have league there both 2/28 & 3/1. We'll do work either before or after league. Trees need trimmed & bridges need moved/ replaced. Clearing other placements would be 2nd priority. I'll hear more from Bill later.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

League next weekend at Colwich both days. I'm not sure the flyers at the courses say Colwich. I'll try to post back when I have more info, but the main idea here is to get some work done out there. Before or after we do league I'm not sure. Not even sure about my own schedule next weekend, but I'll get with Bill and try to get the plan going.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Who is planning on coming? What days?