Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Herman Pin Placements

What's happenin' in Wichita
O-man

Post by O-man »

Well,, I like you too.
superq

Post by superq »

Ring

Post by Ring »

McCabe wrote: Your a tool!
What the hell does that mean anyway? Otis your a drill :lol: Just like Blacken Decker he don't screw those hos he drills :lol: Being a tool kicks butt. :lol:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Ring, your a tool! :D
Ring

Post by Ring »

McCabe wrote:Ring, your a tool! :D
Im a man ho :lol:
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Thats man whore. :lol:
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

McCabe wrote:Ring, your a tool! :D
I consider him a cock ring, is that a tool?
Ring

Post by Ring »

Thats halarious :lol: I like that :!: Good one :lol:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Ok, we're doing it again.

New sleeves going in this Sunday at Herman Hill. Got to get the course ready for the Doo dah by fixing what construction has left us. We'll meet around 12:00-12:30. I got to stop for some concrete and spray paint first.

I got a probably from a couple of people and a maybe from a couple. More people wouldn't hurt. Bring any tools you have like a wheelbarrow, shovel, or spade.

Should be some fun new shots soon!! Stop by, it'll be worth it!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Look for new placements on holes 3,5,6,7, & 11!
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

does this mean we break for a word from our sponsor before continuing the soap? :lol: Or does this mean a successfull conclusion to the quest for alt pin placements?P.S. take an 18 inch(or longer)piece of 2"pipe.weld a 1"heavy washer to the top edge (making sure this hole lines up with the tab on the basket).Finally ,weld a cross brace to the bottom to prevent turning of the sleeve !presto :!: one regulation anchor(if you used galvanized pipe, if not paint it)let me know if more pins are still needed as I am making them gradually for Ponca :roll: 8)
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We had to plant sleeves to replace those that needed moved due to the construction. The road getting widened effected holes 6,7, and 3 the most.

Yeah, some of the sleeves that were replaced were due to using the wrong type of concrete. It would have helped to have some type of anchor to keep them from spinning, but only temporarily. We've got a good method going now. With the pole-saver targets now in place, we don't have to put our flanges so low they can mow over them.

New sleeves include....

Hole 3. We moved the short placement up the hill and away from the street. There is a new sidewalk running along the side of the hole that would have further infringed on the old placement.

Hole 5. The long placement was lengthened. Partly to give it separation from the short. Partly for a plan to plant some evergreens around the pin to the north and east that will block righty hyzers.

Hole 6. The old long placement was way too close to where the street is now. The old short placement is too close to where 7's long tee pad is now. 2 new sleeves are located behind the 2 big cottonwoods. They are both longer than the previous holes, but closer to the river and on the slope. Very tough hole. On or across the new sidewalk will be OB near the road. With north wind situations or other, I'm hoping to further discourage shots into 6's fairway with some more trees planted this winter.

Hole 7. The long placement was moved a few feet to the right after being hit with heavy equipment. A new short placement may be going in this week. This fairway looks nice after some undulation has been graded and the construction is long gone. Two new tees have been poured for this hole.

Hole 11. New long pin is only 10-15 from the old one, but certainly adds challenge due to the lower ceiling for shots coming in from the right and an elevation drop off for shots coming in from the left.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

have you got a great "walk thru" like Pratt has? :D that would be a great addition to the Wichita courses.Maybe the city tourism interests could Pay somone(like Biesner )to do the job if no one local wants to!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

What do you mean by a "walk thru"?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Ryan made a photo tour of the Pratt course layouts. See the tournament thread. He also did an incredible job with the signs.