Monday League at Derby?

What's happenin' in Wichita

Moderators: jlsherwood, Schoen-hopper

mehuntdisc

Monday League at Derby?

Postby mehuntdisc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 am

I've talked to a few people who said they might be interested in participating in a Monday night ACDGC league at Derby. I spoke to Mike Schoenhofer about it and he said the key is having someone who would be willing to run it on a regular basis. I think I'm ready to take that on, if I can find one ACDGC member who would be my backup. Is there enough interest out there to go for it?

pironix

Re: Monday League at Derby?

Postby pironix » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:34 am

I don't know if it's still going on or not, but I know there was discussion earlier by someone on the forums named tonynation of a league run on Mondays down there already not affiliated with ACDGC....

You might shoot him a PM to make sure that there won't be conflicts....

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

I think this league would take over for that league. Get the ACDGC sanctioning, if you will. Could use our handicapping system, payouts, etc. I'm of the opinion that we should keep separate ace funds, but we could discuss this with the board. The key for anyone who volunteers will be filling out and turning in league sheets and reporting scores for file (handicaps, etc) updates.

mehuntdisc

Postby mehuntdisc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm

The league that Tony was trying to start has struggled all summer, only 3 or 4 guys many times. Tony has had some work conflicts and so he hasn't been there much. I think making it a part of the ACDGC would lend some credibility, support, and maybe draw a few south-side players.

Return to “ACDGC Wichita”