Derby (Stone Creek) Alternates

What's happenin' in Wichita

Moderators: jlsherwood, Schoen-hopper

tonynation

Derby (Stone Creek) Alternates

Postby tonynation » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know that we have purchased some flags and will be laying down alternate tee placements this afternoon in Derby at Stone Creek. We are going to keep them there and potentially begin using them for league and have them available for other events. If you have a chance to get out there and play, please provide us your feedback. Ultimately we are going to talking to the city about getting a second set of permanent pads laid down.

Schoen-hopper

Re: Derby (Stone Creek) Alternates

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 pm

You should work everything through Bill Paulson. The ACDGC paid several thousand for this course to be installed (baskets and tee pads with $500 assistance from the KDGA) and should be included on any plans for course modification.

88cruz88

Postby 88cruz88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 am

I agree, the already well established ACDGC has worked very hard with Bill "The Fore Father" on the design and placement of this course. He knows everything there is to know about course design, and im sure he already has alternate placements for tee pads and pin locations! Plus, he is already in the front door with the City of Derby, and there board with the plans for a great disc golf course. Just don't want any bridges burned!! If your not a member of the ACDGC I would strongly suggest it, you can show up to the meetings and give your suggestions. You can also get on the board and be even more proactive in the Disc Golf community!!! I guess what im saying, there is already a well established league in the Wichita community and more memberships to the ACDGC means more opportunity for the club to do the things your talking about!

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I would say any permanent course changes should be ran past Bill. So when you are ready to get some shorter tees which I am assuming is what you are after go that route.

For you beginner/HS league, do whatever you want. That is what is going to grow the sport of disc golf in and around Derby. If they are going out to hole 18 and throwing a disc in the water every single time they play, they are not coming back. If it is taking them 7 or 8 throws to complete the "Blair Witch Hole", they aren't coming back.

On that front, do what you need to to get people playing in Derby that is who should enjoy the course the most. Make all permanent changes and contacts with the city using Bill.

discscout

Postby discscout » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 am

Finally after months of procrastination, the tee signs have been updated with the proper distance. The questionable one is 15 as I still can't walk across the water but the others were all wheeled and the correct distace updated. The old numbers were guesstimates before the tee pads went in.

Postby 2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:21 am

And all this time I thought you were a "Disc Golf God!! ( walk across water.. Anywho, thanks Bill. Still all par 3?

iqbal

Postby iqbal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm

ImageTechnically, the person that walked on water was Jesus and not God. The correct reference for your pun would be Disc Golf Jesus. You could also use Tebow.

Postby 2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 am

"Get back to work!! :roll:

kscustom

Postby kscustom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 pm

iqbal wrote:ImageTechnically, the person that walked on water was Jesus and not God. The correct reference for your pun would be Disc Golf Jesus. You could also use Tebow.

From the guy who was voted least likely to know these things in high school. Who says you have to celebrate Christmas to know about Jesus, ;)
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus

Return to “ACDGC Wichita”