Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Hayesville and Clearwater

What's happenin' in Wichita
Muddy96

Hayesville and Clearwater

Post by Muddy96 »

I have been hearing rumors of a 9 hole with potential, depending upon usage, for 18 going in Hayesville and a 9 hole going in Clearwater. Just wondering if any of you guys know who is helping with laying these courses out. I know that the layout will make of break each course.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
Schoen-hopper

Re: Hayesville and Clearwater

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Bill Paulson designed the 9 holer in Clearwater. He has a map drawn up. 2 pads and 2 pins for variety. Sounds like pretty open course with a creek running through it.

Bill also contacted Haysville, noting the importance of a quality design. They will consult with him when they get farther along. Haven't been down there to see yet what they have to work with.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Haysville has a layout already. Here's link to the map and article.

http://www.haysvilleonline.com/hol/arch ... ourse.html
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Crossing fairways... playground.... Yikes! And they want to expand to 18?

Anyone went down to see Riggs park yet? Is it in already?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The date on that article is Nov 14, which was before they talked to Bill. I will forward this on though.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

I was just told as of TODAY, the Haysville park is in the ground with tee signs and Baskets, It's at Riggs park.
DUH

Post by DUH »

It's a pretty cool 9 hole, beware the creek :twisted:
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Haysville Hole # 2's basket was stolen about 6 weeks ago. The city has replaced this basket and cemented it in, instead of the sleeve to keep dirty little theives from stealing it again.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Chucker9 wrote:Haysville Hole # 2's basket was stolen about 6 weeks ago. The city has replaced this basket and cemented it in, instead of the sleeve to keep dirty little theives from stealing it again.

The cement is just going to keep honest people honest. I hope they filled the pipe with cement also. If someone wants that basket or any basket, it is a saw and 5 minutes.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Finally got to play Haysville yesterday. This park had more features than I expected. Each hole had something going on.

Hole 1: Open shot with the basket on top of a large mound. A little farther than it looks leaving an uphill putt with a drop off behind.
Hole 2: Short funky hole with the basket on a little trail going down to the creek. Small window, but shortest hole on the course. Lefty hole.
Hole 3: Low ceiling tee with wide open basket too close to the road. I played out over the road and still hyzered in past the basket.
Hole 4: You would never find this tee if you didn't know where to look. It is hidden behind a building nowhere near hole 3. Longest hole at 357'. Shaded the hole way under tall trees. A drive or approach that turns over might get too close to the pavilion.
Hole 5: The tee is on a slope, so you have to throw from in front of it if you want a flat run up. 300' hole with water at about 220-250. Didn't realize there was water as you can't see it from the tee. Threw a mulligan shot in. This creek is shallow and pretty clean though, so no problems with getting a disc out. Pretty cool water hole; you have to throw it pretty straight or you will hit a tree that hangs over the water.
Hole 6: Back over the creek, the basket is downhill from the tee.
Hole 7: Completely blind shot that favors a lefty hyzer. Basket is at the bottom of a ditch.
Hole 8: Reminds me of Frontier Park in Hays. Lots of large cottonwoods. Righty hyzer shot of about 320' can clear them all and get you a bird.
Hole 9. Hill in front of the basket makes the big hyzer a preferred shot over a low straight shot. Pretty wide open.

Overall, not a bad course. I can tell its getting some play. The course plays around a nice fishing pond, but it doesn't come into play. Fun shots, with a few different throws required. Not challenging enough for advance or pro players, but a great course for the average Joe.

I threw a terrible drive on 2 and missed my par putt.
Birdied holes 3 through 7 and 9.
ditziwt

Post by ditziwt »

i see haysville is adding another 9 holer
http://www.haysville-ks.com/images/PDF/ ... LF_MAP.pdf

my buddy said they got some baskets in already.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Mike Speer mentioned this. Looks like they have long holes with crossing fairways and throwing over / next to walking paths. Bill made contact with them about it, but sounds like they already have it drawn up. Sounds like the designer wasn't even a disc golfer.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I was going to get up early yesterday and head down to Haysville and play that before work.

That course isn't going to last very long once discs start going into people's yards, or someone on those walking paths gets beaned.
b

Post by b »

Jack and I played today and we were quite impressed. The tees were obviously put in so you threw away from the houses. As for the walking path, yes it runs the length of the park, but there were no blind spots. Our tee shots on hole 3 did end up close to the playground, but they weren't the greatest throws. After playing 3 we couldn't find 4 tee. The bike path sign straight across the ditch looked like a tee sign. Once we found the tee the rest was easy to follow. I don"t see a problem with the crossing fairways because they are so open you can see anyone in front of you and the length of the holes (460) eliminate the danger. Can't wait to play when the wind isn"t so gusty. Also, hole 1 basket isn't too easy to spot at first. We were playing to the basket 100 ft down the sidewalk.
Coueylicious

Post by Coueylicious »

Where is this park located?
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".