Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Riverlawn question

What's happenin' in Wichita
Tito

Riverlawn question

Post by Tito »

with all this talk of the need for a new course in the area, I was wondering if we've looked into re-building the course out there @ Meridian and K-96...Last time I was out there, the sticker patches, mole holes, and unkempt baskets were prohibitive of play. Anybody know why that place isn't kept up any more? I'd be willing to pitch in if we were to get it goin' fer next season. My guess is they don't want ACDGC to have any part in it, but it seems they have a lack of interest from their own congregation, so maybe we could work somethin' out with 'em...
cfluty

Re: Riverlawn question

Post by cfluty »

Having grown up less than a mile from there, there are a couple good holes, it just needs a TON of work, and money (for new baskets) for it to be half of what the city's other two courses are. Baskets aren't cheap, and volunteers are very difficult to come by, especially when the amount of work that would be needed to make it into a decent place. I also believe there aren't enough trees out there, I just don't see it becoming an good
course.
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

This was put in by my Friend Todd McCutheon with a little help on layout from the ROG, he and I are no longer a members of the church as I am in OKC. So it has fallen to the stickers and baskets are no longer repaired by anyone. The church would probably welcome someone putting in some effort on it, just ask them!
PeterParker

Post by PeterParker »

I have never been there. I would be willing to go check it out and talk to the church about the work, if any, they would like done.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Its a big field, it doesn't get mowed often, the baskets need to be completely replaced and a quality basket is not cheap. Maybe we could get the baskets from love box since that course is getting ripped out whenever they sell the land? Its something that could be looked into.