Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Good ol Ebayers...

What's happenin' in Wichita
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

You know I can see both points here. If it is lost in a pond and you don't go in after it and don't plan on to later you probably concider that disc lost. Gone forever. so why is it wronge if some one later does go in after thier disc and finds yours too and decides to keep it. you since then have replaced your disc maybe even several times over and now you want that one back cause some one found it and you see them playing with it or selling it to someone else?
When i loses one I do go in for it every time . may not be right then and there some times its a day or two later when i have the right gear. and if i don't find it I'm pissed. And if i do see some one with a disc of mine (happened once) i will tell them i want it back and offer them cash for it. they will take it cause i will already have the disc in my hand when i offer the cash.
I do call every number on every disc i find But thats all i do. If thier number is changed and or if they don't call back thanks for the new disc. i got a boat load of them. some day I may even sell them on ebay and if you recagnise a disc thats yours then it meen there is no name and numer or it unreadable or you didn't answer my call or return a message. but at least I try.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

What are you trying to say? Are you the husband?
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

disclizard wrote:You know I can see both points here. If it is lost in a pond and you don't go in after it and don't plan on to later you probably concider that disc lost. Gone forever. so why is it wronge if some one later does go in after thier disc and finds yours too and decides to keep it. you since then have replaced your disc maybe even several times over and now you want that one back cause some one found it and you see them playing with it or selling it to someone else?
disclizard wrote:When i loses one I do go in for it every time . may not be right then and there some times its a day or two later when i have the right gear. and if i don't find it I'm pissed.
This is sort of what I was getting at with the whole "lost, mislaid or abandoned" post. There is really no way to discern at the moment of fishing the disc out of the water if it was in the pond for three years, three months, three days, or three hours, (other than perhaps its condition). You can make a good argument that the owner hasn't necessarily given up on getting a disc that hasn't been down there that long.

You also may have no way of discerning how easily the owner can replace his/her plastic unless you know the person whose name is on it. I'd say for a lot of us who can afford to play tournaments, we're probably not out that much when we lose a disc and its just easier to replace it. The same may not be true for some casual player with an $8/hr job.

Really, I have no issue with these folks going into mucky ponds a lot of us wouldn't dare set foot in, or even having a profit motivation in doing so. The problem is with the follow through. There's a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it. We just need to show these folks there's likely better profit potential in the right way.

Best thing that would come out of this if the area disc golfers started a good working relationship with these folks. They could even start an account on this forum and list their findings on occasion. It might save them some eBay fees and would certainly make them some new friends.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Most of us would gladly pay a fair price to get our discs back.That said, NOONE wants to encourage people to make a living e-baying plastic from our water hazards.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Ring

Post by Ring »

There called River Rats...beware there is one in every town :evil:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

Well he is going to try and get all returned that he can and is offering to make peice and has actually said he would like to start coming to league but is not sure of his reception.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Some of my discs that I am more particular too, I wrote $$$Reward$$$ on the back. So they know I'll pay to get it back.
smitty

Post by smitty »

If I throw a disc in the water or cannot find it during a casual round. It is gone and belongs to the person who finds it.

If I am playing a tourney and there is some dude fishing discs on the water hole (stepping stones in Hays for example), that is another story. I would like to have the chance to do a little fishing on my own.
doc

Post by doc »

:idea: I'm gonna start writing my name, PDGA #, phone number, & "$10 reward offered"...on hundred dollar bills.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

ranmatt wrote:Well he is going to try and get all returned that he can and is offering to make peice and has actually said he would like to start coming to league but is not sure of his reception.
Is there a recovery program for Disc Nazi's?

He could put all his pirated goods in the clubhouse sink (lost & found).
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

doc wrote::idea: I'm gonna start writing my name, PDGA #, phone number, & "$10 reward offered"...on hundred dollar bills.
I bet if you wrote $100 reward on $10 bills you'd have more luck! :wink:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

A guy named Mark dropped off a bunch of discs with me today. He apologized profusely that he didn't mean to offend anybody. He said he'd like to check out our league sometime. I thanked him and said everyone will really appreciate him retrieving and delevering them. Here's what I have...

Sticky Dyed (dragon) Star Destroyer. Don Z-Man.
2007 Round Up 165 Champ Wraith. Jeff Ring's, I believe.
Z Predator. Bobby Stansbury. (attends ACDGC league)
Z MRV. Clear with some nice drawings on it. Shane Crisler.
Star TeeRex. BT. I called the owner and he'll get it back at the Ice Bowl.
DX Valkyrie. Rob S. The number was no good, but Brian (BT) knew him!
Z Predator. Bruce Clanton.
Hot Pink 175 Champ Valkyrie w/ blue stamp. No name. We had this disc in inventory once, but I can't remember who bought it.
Z XL. No name.

7 out of 9 aint bad!
Schoen-hopper

Re: Good ol Ebayers...

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Mark, the water disc finder, brought me a ton of found discs today! Dude still feels bad and drove all the way to hand these off to me. If/when he comes around to play league, we should give him a warm welcome. Here's what I've got...

*Orange Polaris LS, Schoenhofer!
*Star Teebird w/ pink stripes, Josh Hull (handed off today): said the disc didn't have the pink stripes when he owned it...
*Yellow ESP Buzz, Russ Horning
*White DX Cheetah. Andy Waitt. Said anyone could have it.
*Pro Destroyer, dyed, Nick Bunch.
*Orange Champ Leopard, Bryan, 620 area code.
*Orange Pro (CE) Leopard, same Bryan.
*Red Pro Valkyrie, Bobby Stansbury.
*Orange Sticky dyed Star Wraith, Ron Richert.
*Yellow Z Xtreme, Shane.
*Yellow CE (champion) Teebird (TL), Shane.
*Green Z XL, Watts.
*Champ Roadrunner, dyed, Rob S.
*Red Champ Orc, Jake Pierce.
*Blue Z Pred, Friz, I'm not sticking this anywhere the sun doesn't shine except in my trunk.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I can't believe you guys guilted this guy into fetching all your discs for you.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Why didn't you give him the discs back with no name on them??
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!