moving to cushing oklahoma

What's happenin' in Wichita

Moderators: jlsherwood, Schoen-hopper

The Captain

moving to cushing oklahoma

Postby The Captain » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:42 pm

work is slow here in wichita so i am moving to cushing oklahoma tuesday 4/1/08. I will probably be there for at least 2 months. I didn't have time to look up any courses near by so if any of you guys or gals can make a suggestion to me that would be swell. my number is 316-650-5948. look forward to getting back already :cry:

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Your going to make a great Okie, Wiley!

Looks like you'll be an hour away from Tulsa. They have about a dozen courses, with the best being Blackhawk, McClure, Hunter, Haikey Creek, & Dovillio.

1.5 hours away from OKC and Norman. Some good courses there too. Dolese absolutely rocks and both Norman courses are good.

Stillwater has a decent course about 30 minutes from you.

Pawhuska has a fantastic private course about 1.5 hours north of you.

Have fun. I bet Ron can give you some good recomendations. Also, check out the course directory at PDGA.com.

Khawk

Postby Khawk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

I was down in Stillwater a month ago or so and played a couple courses that were both pretty decent. Look for Hoyt Grove. I personally liked it quite a bit more than Boomer Lake. Hoyt has a nice mix of trees, a few holes on the river, and is really quite scenic. Boomer Lake is a bit harder to navigate, but if you like to unload it is the place to go. Pretty wide open with few trees or obstacles period for the most part, save for a few holes. Has some pretty long holes as well. Both of those are less than a half hour away from Cushing though.

Return to “ACDGC Wichita”