Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Doubles League

What's happenin' in Wichita
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Does anybody have a clue to what the Ace Fund is up to????????
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Working on getting that info. Then I will keep an updated record for it.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

10/4/07
(Mike ran event)
Oak Park
Long Tees

14 Players
Windy

Iqbal and Terry: -1

Thanks for spotting for us Dave!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Short tees at Herman Hill tomorrow with new pin placements.

Since it is short yet again, I was thinking about trying a different format.
Best score, switch doubles, refined alternating pairs (easier putting than switch doubles), or best drive alternating shot. Any suggestions?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I also moved up the tee times 5 minutes and suggested everyone to show up 15 minutes early. Be there by 5:25.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Sounds cool mike. I just wanted to let every one know that I will be there with a bunch of new cool dyed discs . three skulls, three rock and other also. Check out my site listed in my signature below. pics and prices of them all.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

10/09/07
(Mike ran event)
HH Park
Short Tees

17 Players
Calm

Mike and Bo Carrasco: -7

Baskets were moved to odd numbered holes in long positions. We played a format for the first time tonight. It was CK's Refined Alternating Pairs format. It was like switch doubles on it is played like regular best shot doubles after the 2nd shot. Getting birdies was more challenging, but getting par wasn't too bad. I really like this format. If all teams had equal strength, I'd say that I like regular switch doubles best. With any kind of tough layout and amateurs of varied skill levels, the format we used last night is probably better.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Tee off this Thursday at 5:30

Playing doubles w/ short tees. Any suggestions on format? We could do the california thing again.

Ace fund at $628.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

cali on the shorts just doesnt make sence. the shorts are easy enough with out the extra shot. save cali for the longs or color tees. lets just play regular best shot.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I suggested Cali for shorts because the scoring disparity or variance is less than with other tees. Also, playing Cali is harder than playing doubles for all but the top pros. That's why we use only 2/3 or 3/4 handicap for Cali. If the players want best shot doubles though, that's what we'll play.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

10/18/07
(Mike ran event)
Oak Park
Short Tees

13 Players

Random flip w/ 3 strokes per am (pro/am starts even)

4 teams tie for 1st with -6.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

whooohoo monkey money
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

There was some confusion on how we did Cali for when there is an odd man in our "Random flip w/ 3 strokes per amateur" format.

My fault, so try to get it straight here...

If you get the Cali and your ACDGC handicap is 7 or higher, you get full Cali. If your handicap is 11 or higher, you get full Cali PLUS 3 strokes. By the way, "full" Cali means that you get 2 shots for every shot, not just one extra throw per hole.

I'm asking everyone to let me factor in the 3 stroke business at the end so there is no confusion there.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Something else regarding California odd man in doubles...

I think a long time ago, we used to give the option of paying double to get double payout.

The way I want to do it now is to use the number of teams rounded down. (13 players would use the 6 team payout). However, Cali would get payed double no matter what.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

but then wouldn't that be money out of the club pocket? it think if you pay single you take home single payout . pay double take home double payout. other wise you are wasting club cash . and thursday night you did say you were paying out more than what came in. the cali person also shouldnt get double cause he or she doesnt have a partner to split it with . . so they threw twice as much and worked for it twice as hard . the pay out for that is they also had twice as much fun . lol ... just my thoughts .

course im sure my thoughts would change if i got the cali spot and won . then by all meens pay out triple.
Chain smoker