Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Moving to Ark City

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
SeeCamp

Moving to Ark City

Post by SeeCamp »

As the title says moving down to Ark City sometime between middle of May and start of June. I was wondering if and when you guys did league or something similar.
opie

Re: Moving to Ark City

Post by opie »

There is not an organized league in Ark City. There is not a course "in" Ark City. There are 2 courses close to Ark City, Camp Quaker Haven and Camp Horizon. Quaker is longer and more challenging and Horizon is more beginner friendly. You should call first at both places. They are usually OK with you coming out to play a round about any time.

There is an organized league in Winfield every Wednesday at 6 PM. We try to post the location of the league on the WVDGA thread. There is a course at Cherry Street park in Winfield that is easy to follow. There is also a course at the Pecan Grove that is impossible to follow if you don't know it.

Welcome to the Walnut Valley Disc Golf Association.
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Sweet thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll get to play with you guys/gals Wednesday nights this summer.

Didn't know the camps had courses. I found them when I was driving around last weekend looking for good fishing spots when summer finally arrives. Also drove down to Ponca and played the nine holer then went out and played the one at the lake. Not sure but is the other one at the lake finished yet or is it still in the makings.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

The second course is in at Ponca lake, you can see the basket for hole #2 to the east of hole #16 tee pad. The road to the north of 16 tee pad takes you east about a block or so and the parking area is on the south side of the road. Hole #1 tee is to the west end of the lot, along the road, amongst the trees. It is quite the contrary to the openness of the other course, this course is tight and carved out of the trees.

We (Walnut Valley Disc Golf Assoc.) are hosting a tournament at the Pecan Grove in Winfield on May 4th, check out the thread "KDGA OZ Tournament Information"

Come out and have a blast with us!
Last edited by Boebo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
opie

Post by opie »

Boebo was one day off on the date for the tourney. It is on May 4th not the 5th. For more info, go to:

http://kansasdiscgolf.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=4764

You will have to excuse him, he is not too bright.
:D :shock: :lol:
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Oh yeah I plan on being there for the tourney.

I'm relieved to hear that there is more then cherry street to choose from for courses. Not that it's a bad course, but I rather play 18 holes over the same nine twice. Monotony takes the fun out of anything and having 5 full courses with in half an hour drive I'm going to feel spoiled :D.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

There's always Wellington, Mulvane, Derby, Haysville, and two courses in Wichita also.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

SeeCamp wrote:I'm relieved to hear that there is more then cherry street to choose from for courses.
There are alternate tee timbers (red and blue [long and short]) at Cherry street, but you will need a guide to be able to find them!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Well plans have changed. Sadly enough I'll be moving there sooner then later. :D So I'll be see you guys next week at league with weather permitting.
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Anybody know somebody that needs some help for about a month. Plans changed and looks like I'm moving to Bartlesville, Ok at the first of June. Really don't want to find a job then turn around and put in my two weeks.