Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Club Membership

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!

Club membership

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 7

M&Ms

Re: Club Membership

Post by M&Ms »

Back to the club fee thing what are we goinig back and forth about 15bones the price of one disc? WOW sign me up!!!

This sport will only go if we keep pushing it a little at a time.So the more club funds we have the more turnys we can put on.
That will help us with whatever we want to do.
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
smitty

Post by smitty »

mrsenortyler wrote:
smitty wrote: 1) You need to pay club fees every year. You should get something in return a shirt or disc.
I don't see why we need to be like every other club out there. I like doing things that set us apart. I agree with Cliff that if we ask people to fork up $15 every year, we may not get any "new guys" and limit ourselves to the same old crew.
smitty wrote: 2) The price should be the same for all players at league.
In regards to the ace fund, we always say, "You gotta be in it, to win it.". If only members are eligible to win the ace fund, what's the point of making non-members pay for something they can't win?
smitty wrote: 3) You need to be a member to get discounted discs and ace fund on Monday.
Agreed.
smitty wrote: **Things like discs so that people can have access to them, cement tee pads, new basket locations, players packs at tourneys, club picnics, even a new course don't just happen. They all cost money.
Disagree with 1. People should sign-up each and every year.
Have a problem with 2. I know that I don't want to sit around for an hour after each league and figure out who was a member, what money goes to the ace fund, who didn't pay into the fund.

Agree with 3.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I'm not a WVDGA member, but one thing the ACDGC does to greatly simplify things is just make the ace fund mandatory at league. Non-members get a smaller payout for an ace.
M&Ms

Post by M&Ms »

Charge everyone five and give a membership to the one that aces thats not a member. If they are a member the ace fund pays out.
YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU THROW
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

M&Ms wrote:Back to the club fee thing what are we goinig back and forth about 15bones the price of one disc? WOW sign me up!!!

This sport will only go if we keep pushing it a little at a time.So the more club funds we have the more turnys we can put on.
That will help us with whatever we want to do.
This is really for another thread, but if we are going to have "mandates," I don't feel that running more tournaments should be one of them. "Promoting, and helping grow the sport of disc golf in our community" would be good, which we could do with money raised from our current tournament schedule.

We have:
Food Drive
Cherry St.
Pecan Grove
Talks of Spring Hill in Ark City

I think it would be hard to get people down here more than 4 times a year, plus the KDGA and PDGA schedules are already flooded with tournaments.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote:
Have a problem with 2. I know that I don't want to sit around for an hour after each league and figure out who was a member, what money goes to the ace fund, who didn't pay into the fund.

Agree with 3.
We're still going to have to sit around and figure out who was a member, either way.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I think charge 5. Nonmember ace pays out that days fund. Member ace pays half fund and new disc to replace ace disc. Doesn't matter who is members and who isn't. We will figure handicap for all and they will pay the club fee to figure the handicap league.
opie

Post by opie »

Idear?:? Ace fund:

Member: $10 short of half the ace fund total. ($10 to replace the disc)

Non member: Half the ace fund up to $20.

Is the person in question a member or not? How long does it take to check the forum from a cell phone?
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
smitty

Post by smitty »

opie wrote:Idear?:? Ace fund:

I would just say give them half the fund and the disc. Or just forget about the disc. I just thought it might be kind of a cool idea.

I am down with that. Max of $20 for a non-member.

Is the person in question a member or not? How long does it take to check the forum from a cell phone?
Not long.
So what is the fee? I say $15 isn't to much. Plus you can get a club stamped disc when you sign-up.

I have sold 5 discs this week. I sold them all for the normal price. None of the people who purchased the discs were what I would call "club members". At the current prices we are pretty much giving the discs away for no profit. We should be making some money off the discs that we move.
cottenokie

Post by cottenokie »

I think if you are going to get a disc maybe charge $20.00 then the extra $ can go into the club fund for functions. imo
BOOMER SOONER!!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote:
opie wrote:Idear?:? Ace fund:

I would just say give them half the fund and the disc. Or just forget about the disc. I just thought it might be kind of a cool idea.

I'm pretty open on this one. Anyway we want to do it.

I am down with that. Max of $20 for a non-member.

I like the idea of non-members only getting that night's ace fund better. They will hopefully still get some 51 club money which should put them over $20 for the ace. By the time we build the ace fund, $20 would have been over a month's worth of leagues!

Not long.

I don't foresee this being a problem either.
So what is the fee? I say $15 isn't to much. Plus you can get a club stamped disc when you sign-up.

$20 Seems like a lot more than $15. $15 is the price of a disc so that makes it a pretty good deal. We're still making a little off the top here. I am comfortable here, but maybe we should take a poll on the price of the membership soon.

I have sold 5 discs this week. I sold them all for the normal price. None of the people who purchased the discs were what I would call "club members". At the current prices we are pretty much giving the discs away for no profit. We should be making some money off the discs that we move.
Mike D.

Post by Mike D. »

For 15 bucks if you get a pro plastic disc with cool wvdga stamp it would be cool but much more expensive would be pushin it. what all would we do with the money?
smitty

Post by smitty »

The money would go to all the things that our funds currently go towards.

Course improvement
Flowers and other things when needed. Funerals etc.
and other similar things
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

What about TOILET paper for the bathrooms at cherry street. Those pine cones are rough.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

zollmanator wrote:What about TOILET paper for the bathrooms at cherry street. Those pine cones are rough.
I noticed. That is why I started using my socks or carrying a little extra in my bag. :shock: