Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Monday Nite Cherry Street League

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

Re: Monday Nite Cherry Street League

Post by smitty »

Well the first official Weekend league was met with the same attendance as Monday night league. It was a windy mother out there and the scores are proof of that. We were lucky enough to get get a couple of more handicaps in the books, Dave made his first league and former KDGA legend Brett STR8 was in the house. I was able to keep my misses close enough to the basket to squeak out the win. Next week will also be at Cherry. I will be on the way home from Western KS, so someone else will need to step up and run it.

Results:
Smitty 51
Stun 52
Dave 54 (Set handicap)
Burley 54 (57)
Brett 66 (Set Handicap)
Hooper 59 (Didn't have cash)
Twitch 68 (Didn't have cash)

New Handicaps: 11-21

Burley - 3.2
Tyson - 4.8
Smitty - 0
Stun- 0
CT - 7.2
Daldo - 4.8
Hooper 5.6
Steven 6.4
Shan - 0
Cliff - 4
Jerry P - 5.6
Jake - 3.2
Kindy 6.4
Banger 8.8
Kaleb 16
Josh 13.6
Andrew 8
Fraley 9.6
Zach Taylor 16
Joel Wilkey 4
Nick Mattingly 12
Don - 8
Mike D - 8.48
Jaryd - 11.6
Ben K - 8.8

Records:
Scratch Course Record 44 Shan
Handicap Course Record 40 Twitch
Turnout 11
Birdies on Hole 1:
Twitch
Birdies on Hole 18 Nobody
Birdies on Hole 12 Nobody
Aces:
Shan Mann Hole 14 (5 RR)

Ace Fund: 92
Monday Club Fund: 109
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

smitty wrote:We are still going to play. I have asked for feedback several times and listed possible problems with little to no response.

I would like to play Sundays at 1:00.

I don't think it would be weird to play "handicap" league at the grove. We would just need to run two different sets of handicaps.
I didn't mean that a handicap league would be weird at the Grove. I just didn't know how we'd play Cherry St. at the Grove.

It seemed to me that everyone I had seen respond was on board for late afternoon Saturdays. Sunday works well too. I'd really like to start playing more again, I just havent' started back up yet! I'll be busy for awhile once the baby comes, but hopefully things will settle down right after the Holidays.

See you guys next Sunday at 1 (I hope!)
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Also have we retired the Ace holes yet? Maybe not forever, but at least retire the hole for 1 year, then bring it back. That could be cool.
smitty

Post by smitty »

mrsenortyler wrote: --It seemed to me that everyone I had seen respond was on board for late afternoon Saturdays. Sunday works well too.

--Also have we retired the Ace holes yet? Maybe not forever, but at least retire the hole for 1 year, then bring it back. That could be cool.
Yes, most people were fans of the Saturday. But most of the people that responded had only played a handful of leagues. Shan Mann had a conflict with Saturday and I wasn't going to take league away from him, he has played more then everyone but Burley. 3:00 is no good, when you think about what time it starts to get dark.

Retiring Ace Holes will start next week. The only league Ace Hole is now retired and renamed the "Mann Hole". We will now play that hole WS.
opie

Post by opie »

Don't schedule around me. I will play when I get a chance. Thanks for the thought though. :wink:
I would be able to make more of the Sundays then the Saturdays. Three o'clock tee time would be a little late especially at the Grove.
I think you made a wise decision( Sundays at 1:00---alternating Cherry and Grove)

I believe I can run league this coming weekend. It is at the Grove ,right?
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
smitty

Post by smitty »

opie wrote:( Sundays at 1:00---alternating Cherry and Grove)

I believe I can run league this coming weekend. It is at the Grove ,right?
You can.

I would say just use the Cherry Handicaps for the Grove. They will be close to the same.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I guess this is the problem that I have with alternating with the Grove:

When this handicap league was started, it was intended to use Winfield's most complete disc golf course. The course that has baskets that aren't pieces of crap, has real tee pads, and we won't have to make up alternate holes that have been grown in from the teepads.

The grove just doesn't satisfy those conditions.

BUT, the easiest way to look at this is that Cherry St. League is just going Bi-Monthly, instead of weekly, and we are adding the Grove handicap league back into the mix. I guess it's just because even though I haven't played in a couple months, I did have a hand in starting the Cherry League. It'll be fun either way, I hope to see you guys on Sunday.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The way I look at it is like this.

We only get to play the Grove in the late fall, winter, and early spring. We can play Cherry whenever we want all year round. The grove will be a much more demanding round then anything we can setup and play at Cherry on a weekly/bi-weekly bases. We have been averaging fewer then 5 players at each Cherry league and we are gaining no new players. I look forward to playing at the grove and getting a chance to "Grip and Rip".
opie

Post by opie »

They are playing at the Canyon Sunday at 1. I am game to play whatever everyone decides to play. Who all is going to play the Grove tomorrow? I don't want to sit at the Grove until 1:15 to find out that I am the only playing. I plan on playing at 1 somewhere.
Let me know.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I will not be home yet.

I would hit the canyon if I was you.
opie

Post by opie »

I think that the canyon would be better in this wind but if anyone is wantitng to play handicap at the grove, I will do that. I will check back on this thread before I go play.
morefish

Post by morefish »

I will be at the canyon..I've went to handicap league before by myself..
opie

Post by opie »

It doesn't sound like we have any takers for handicap so I am going to the Canyon. C ya there and thanks for responding Don.
opie

Post by opie »

Is there any interest in starting the Monday night handicap league again. Smitty and I talked briefly about it and I was just wandering if there is any interest or is it going to be just the two of us.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Will be just you if it is on Monday. Cameron goes the vision therapy every Monday. My job is to take care of Emery and cook some supper. I would be game for any other night except for Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Guess that leaves Tuesday or Thursday for me.