Tourneys in Winfield

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
opie

Re: Tourneys in Winfield

Postby opie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm

What do you think of playing one round at Daniel's. Do you think we can talk Harv and Dave into leaving the course up for a couple weeks?
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.

smitty

Postby smitty » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:00 pm

opie wrote:What do you think of playing one round at Daniel's. Do you think we can talk Harv and Dave into leaving the course up for a couple weeks?

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of it. I am sure Dave and Harv would leave it up if they were asked. Only problem might be Dave will be itching to get the canyon set up.

Personally I am a fan of just doing the Grove and making it a killer event.

CT is actually the TD of this event, so in the end the decision will be his.

Halloween themed??????????????

Think we could really run with that, maybe do something late that night.

Halloween players party???????????????????

Jake-

I like the idea. Maybe a Day - Glow event. Maybe play the first round as a singles round. Then match-up for some doubles the second round. Have a late start for the first round. Maybe Noon then do the second round in the dark that evening.

Once again, just an idea.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 am

Divisions and Prices

I don't think we need ALL the divisions here, but probably more than just a few.

What about:
Open (Cash)
Old Pros (cash)
High AM (Plastic)
Low AM (Plastic)
Junior (Plastic)

Make the cut off for Old Pros be 45+
High AM and Low AM basically split INT down the middle, sending half to Adv, half to Rec

As far as prices, what about doing something cheap and simple, like $35 for all divisions, but $25 for Junior?

Otherwise, I would suggest:
$40 Open
$40 Old Pros
$35 High Am
$30 Low AM
~$20-$25 Junior

Players pack we could do either a disc or a shirt, with the new WVDGA logo.
Last edited by mrsenortyler on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:07 am

opie wrote:What do you think of playing one round at Daniel's. Do you think we can talk Harv and Dave into leaving the course up for a couple weeks?

I'd like to make some obstacles at the courses, Gigantic grave stones, spider webs, large ghosts hanging from trees, etc. Doing all that work at two courses would be too hard, so I think keeping it at the grove is the way to go.

opie

Postby opie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I have a fork if you want some help doing some food..

Let me know what the plan is. I will help with the set up as long as I am not at work

opie

Postby opie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 pm

How about a format where we play three rounds, the last of which is glow doubles. Players pack can be supper. $45 for pro and $10 or $15 of that can be for doubles payout. Partner people up based on score from the first two rounds or something.

Just some thoughts??..??

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 pm

opie wrote:How about a format where we play three rounds, the last of which is glow doubles. Players pack can be supper. $45 for pro and $10 or $15 of that can be for doubles payout. Partner people up based on score from the first two rounds or something.

Just some thoughts??..??

Doesn't sound to bad to me. The first two rounds could be the "KDGA" portion of the event. The round could be the WVDGA portion of the event?

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:39 pm

smitty wrote:
opie wrote:How about a format where we play three rounds, the last of which is glow doubles. Players pack can be supper. $45 for pro and $10 or $15 of that can be for doubles payout. Partner people up based on score from the first two rounds or something.

Just some thoughts??..??

Doesn't sound to bad to me. The first two rounds could be the "KDGA" portion of the event. The round could be the WVDGA portion of the event?

This could be fun, but 3 rounds on 18 in one day is ALOT of golf. How do you guys feel about 3 rounds of 12? The last twelve being the doubles part?

Muddy96

Postby Muddy96 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:10 pm

What six holes would we leave out? I kinda like all of them(O.K maybe not hole 8). I really like the glow dubs idea and three rounds sounds cool. It will all depend on when towns trick or treat as to turn out though.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm

I'd leave out 6 and 7. and maybe eight. 12 needs a lot of trimming.

Muddy96

Postby Muddy96 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 pm

I would be more than willing to come out and clean up 12, it is a great hole.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Muddy96 wrote: it is a great hole.

Sometimes. As long as the teepad isn't a mess and 4" of mud.

Muddy96

Postby Muddy96 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 am

With that pad being so far out of the way, why do we not go in and pour a pad for that one. It always seems to be muddy down there and with it being back in the trees I can not see why anyone would care or know for that matter. For just doing the one tee I don't know why we couldn't just use quickrete. Just a thought to save a hole.....

nightcrawler

Postby nightcrawler » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 am

Muddy96 wrote:With that pad being so far out of the way, why do we not go in and pour a pad for that one. It always seems to be muddy down there and with it being back in the trees I can not see why anyone would care or know for that matter. For just doing the one tee I don't know why we couldn't just use quickrete. Just a thought to save a hole.....

LIKE.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 am

According to Smitty any tee pads at the grove are out of the question. Plus, that area gets flooded at least once a year, and I'm sure the pad would get covered, then we'd have to go down there and find it/dig it out. Those pin placements by the river are all about 18" under ground now, so the baskets sit super low.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea of turning the Grove into a "real" course, but apparently this is one place that the city isn't as accommodating as others. :(

Really, instead of the teepads being a problem for campers, I could see them as a benefit. Just pull my camper right up next to it, and have the steps come right out onto the pad. Then you don't have to step out into mud/grass/dirt. Then you could set up a grill on it, and all sorts of stuff.

Return to “WVDGA Winfield”