Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KIDZ in the Valley

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
mrsenortyler

Re: KIDZ in the Valley

Post by mrsenortyler »

Cool, I can't wait to see CSSB in action!
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am sure it blow anything Bobby does out of the water! :roll:
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

We had 8 kidz tonight.
Handicap
Mike H +2 0
Matt H -3 1
Riley O -1 3
Ronnie N -3 3
Steven D -2 5
Dylan S -1 6
Austin A -4 7
Bryce H +2 2

Austin got the win with his handicap and took home a brand new FLX Challenger, courtesy of Senor Chris (SNG) Tyler.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I will be a no show this week. I have something going on at school. Not that I do anything but walk around anyway.

You may want to let them know about both the Round-up and the Wellington tourney.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

I plan to print up a flyer they can take their parents.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

3 out today. Bryce was 2 down and austin/steven were 2 up without handicaps.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Muddy, I'm an idiot. I won't be in town to run KIDZ league this Thursday. I do have some discs I could hook you up with though.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Sweet, I will come by and get them this evening if that is ok. Let me know. Is there anyone who can run kidz league Thursday as I will be out of town and Crawler has to work.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Cliff has volunteered to run KIDZ league on Thursday.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Wish I could help out. It is Emery's birthday so I probably better not do it.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Muddy and I have been talking about a way to raise some money to keep up the supply of discs available for the Kids. We were thinking that the club could supply Kidz league with discs near or at cost, and then Muddy have discs available for purchase as well as a weekly prize.

Maybe it would be easier to have WVDGA run the KIDZ league, then we wouldn't have to buy the discs from the club for the league, and getting rid of the middle man. We wouldn't lose money as long as we sold a few discs every couple weeks. Not really sure on any specifics, or how it would work just brainstorming.

What do you guys think?

I don't really have any more discs to give away that I don't want to keep...but I also think it's important to keep this thing going.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I think the club could easily give them discs at cost. We could hook Jerry up with a little tub of discs to take out there every week.

I would also say that you could charge them a buck to play. You get a few kids out there and you easily can cover the cost of the disc each week. I could work with Jerry and we could figure out what number of kids it takes to pay for each type of disc. Then if you had a huge turnout, you could maybe do 2 discs.

I don't ever want a kid to think they cannot play if they don't have a buck or if there mom cannot give them a buck. For most of them, I don't think it is an issue for some it may.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Every week I have at least 1 or 2 kids wanting to buy disc so I was thinking of selling them for the amount that I could by them back from the club for. Chris mentioned getting them at cost and still selling the disc for club prices so that I could keep adding to the bucket of disc. The dollar thing would work until some of them found out that i was still gonna let them play even if they did not have a dollar and some of them would abuse it. I think that selling disc to them and working in conjunction with the WVDGA is probably the best option. I will be out of town until the 13th but would love to talk more about it then or my phone is always on.
smitty

Post by smitty »

You don't just let them play for free if they don't have a dollar. You have them pick up trash, throw rocks out of the park, add up the scores instead of putt and throw, work registration.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

CLUB are we talking CLUB, how do we become a club member? Im sure some of the JRs might want to be a member of it and also be able to have some kind of input as to what kind of improvements we could do. I am sure the kids would enjoy some t-pad improvements at Cherry ( their primary place for league ) instead of mud holes. Do we need to create a WVDGA JR club? maybe they can get together and vote instead procrastinate, I am sure some of their dads might have some pull with the city to get some help.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.