Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KIDZ in the Valley

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

KIDZ in the Valley

Post by smitty »

Played another round with the twins. Those dude are GOOD and getting better everyday. Both can drop hella Flick bombs! They can both turbo putt from 20 and in and make a ton of them. They have both started working on a traditional putt and it is looking better and better every time I play with them.

When they left, I played a round with Scronnie Ronnie. That dude can drop bombs. We played from the stone on hole 5 to the red basket and he was nearly pin high to the left. He parked hole 5 from the sign to the red (8 foot) with a putter!!!

When I showed up to the course, there were a couple of kids that where leaving. Hooper and Austin.

As I was leaving out newest youngster Steven was heading out to play.

You can add Ian, Matt with the glove, and Dylan to that list.

That is a pretty good group of kids that are all in the 8th grade or less.

We need to start looking out for these guys. I am thinking some kind of HS and younger league. Charge them a very cheap entry fee and pay them with with plastic. I really think that we could have 15 or more kids out there if we did it right. Problem is that I can not do anything until after 4:30 until cross-county is over. If this thing started at 3:30 or 4:00 it would give them something to do and a reason to head out to Cherry.

I guess what I am looking for is someone to run the KIDZ league for me until XC is over in October.
nightcrawler

Re: KIDZ in the Valley

Post by nightcrawler »

I'd be happy to do it, I've been thinking of starting something like that for awhile now. My only deal is that I work a rotating schedule, so I don't have the same day off every week. But if we made it every two weeks I would have the same day off. But I think it's a good idea, I've discused something like this with muddy a little whild ago. He suggested a once a month juniors tournament. But I think anything would be great, just to give them pointers and help teach them proper etiquette on the course. Though I'm just a newibe myself, I can only offer so much. But I think it sounds awesome and I know there'd always be a good turn out.
smitty

Post by smitty »

If you could do it every other week, that would be sweet. We would just need to find 1 more person until cross country was over.

I am down with a monthly kids tourney also. That would be a killer idea.

Even after it gets cold, I could bring baskets into the gym and we could do some putting/upshots in their. It would also give some of us a reason to be in the gym working on these things also.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

You both know that I am more than glad to help out. I could do the early league on every other wed, thur, or fri. Also, I was thinking that it may be best to run the kids league as a singles handicap league. That would keep the twins from pairing up and us having to consider giving strokes of a and b pools. That would be to tough. I think the handicap league would be the way to go. I volunteer to keep track of the handicaps if we go that way.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Sounds like we need to pick a day and time and get this thing going.

Wednesday isn't good, because of our League.
Friday isn't good because, well it is Friday.
Looks like Thursday is the day to do it.

Start time?
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Every other Thursday works for me. We probably need to consider any after school activities they might have, but anytime works for me.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Football and cross country both go down on Thursdays. I don't know if any of those kids are football players, but they may want to go to the games.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Sounds nice. I think it would work out pretty well.
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

X would be down after football season. great idea guys!
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Lets figure out what we are going to do for the kid league. Will it be flip doubles or will it be singles handicap? How much will it cost to play, and I assume we are set on Thursday afternoon. How about 4:30?
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I think we should let them choose handicap vs. doubles.

I think Handicap would be good.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The kids kind of liked Monday the best.

I don't think we really need to charge them anything. They can just play for fun.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

I am more than O.K with no charge. Monday will not work for me so someone will have to help crawler out every other week unless we just let them run their own.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

If nobody else can help out, I can ask for some time off from my boss every other monday.
nightcrawler

Post by nightcrawler »

Every other monday is still cool for me. So lets get this thing going. I work this coming Monday, but next week it's open. I'll have the Hizar twins to start spreading the word. Smitty can spread it around the WIS. What's are cut off age, 16?