Feb. Mini

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
Ron

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 am

It's not as complicated as it sounds. Basically, after the two partners drive, if they are both in a position where they think they can both sink their prospective shots for a birdie, and do sink them, they get an ace for the hole. There are some other rules involved, but that is the basics behind it.
Ron Richert

Bangrrr

Postby Bangrrr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:50 am

We played 9 holes from the tee signs and 9 holes backwards. So 18 holes of double birdie dubs. The footing was less than desireable, until we were done and the sun came out, otherwise there could have been some scores in the -20's.

Double Birdie Doubles, both partners drive. If they think they can both make their putts, and they do, they get a 1 on the hole.

Say I miss mine then Stun had to come putt from my lie and we had to take whatever score he got on the hole from my disc. He makes it, we get a 2, he misses, he has to finish it out.

I make mine, Stun misses his, we take a 2.

Really pretty simple and there were some really good holes to double up on today, it's just nobody seemed to be hitting their drives on the same hole.
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullfrog

Postby Bullfrog » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:56 am

No if you make yours then Stun goes for his and misses you have to play out Stuns and take that score.

burton

Postby burton » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:48 am

Is this right?

Player 1 makes putt
Player 2 makes putt
Score = 1

Player 1 misses
Score = playout from Player 1 position

Player 1 makes putt
Player 2 misses
Score = playout from Player 2 position

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:03 am

Smitty better explain this one. Don't you also have to decide you are going for a double birdie? Otherwise you play regular best shot for the hole.

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 am

It is simple:

1- You play normal doubles.

2- If both players are in putting range you can go for the double birdie and score a 1.

3- You don't have to putt in order. If the stronger putter is closer, you can allow the farther/weaker putter to go first.

4- If the first person misses their putt, the second player can come over and try to cover them. Your team can still earn the birdie.

5- If the first person makes the putt, and the second person misses. You are screwed and must take the score the second person earns for the team. Usually a 3 because they should be close.

6- The mulligans added a nice touch to the game also.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 am

Sounds like if you are going for a double birdie, you want the highest percentage putt to play 2nd.

Only when you are going for a double birdie do you play seperate lies, and not even then if the first putter misses?

Return to “WVDGA Winfield”