Derby

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!

Derby

Postby 2 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:22 am

Played with Burton tonight, we played 9 and a few more.. Couple of water shots were kinda bad, unless you brought your floater disc.... Right Burton? Lol I showed him a couple of ways to drive farther, and a couple of my trademark putts....... He said he had been watching Smitty and that he didnt need the info :lol: .............. J/K Thanks for the round!!! Jack

burton

Postby burton » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:10 am

Fun round.
Awesome putts.... in the wind no less.

Thanks to Josh for the #2 driver. It really floats.
And with a wind, it will eventually get to the bank.
Then with Jack's nifty disc pole.......... no problem.

Very nice course there in Derby.
#3 is VERY cool. Nice dogleg.

Shiny yellow baskets................. coooooooooooooolllllllllllll 8)

Thanks for the round and the tips, Jack.
Hopefully next time we hook up I'll be chunking it up there a few more feet.

I'll be looking for you around the Brotjes.
What post are you near anyway?

Bill

smitty

Postby smitty » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 am

If he has been watching me he needs all the help he can get. Thanks for helping him out 2.

discscout

Postby discscout » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that Derby is now a 9 holer and playable and should be maintained throughout the summer. Still needs a couple of bridges which the city will drop in later. The 9 holes installed are the open holes of the 18 hole layout but still rather challenging. Chad and I during league shot a 7 down for two rounds for the win. Worst score I think was even. Distance is 3396 feet; 1-250, 2-345, 3-563, 4-250, 5-445, 6-245, 7-328, 8-324, 9-646. Some of these holes will change when the other nine goes in; 6 gets longer and 7 & 8 become one hole of around 450. Bulletin board with map will be up soon but shouldn't need it except for hole 3. Hard dogleg to the right. Enjoy.

The JOL

Postby The JOL » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 am

will I be able to tell where the next tee pad is, or should I go with someone that knows the course?

burton

Postby burton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 am

The JOL wrote:will I be able to tell where the next tee pad is, or should I go with someone that knows the course?

the tee pads are marked with 2 small white flags, not hard to find.

except for hole 1, i think doesn't have flags but the tee pad is just north of the parking area, throwing north to the basket.

then walk west, around some trees and back north a little to tee2 (marked) and throw back south.

will.wa

Postby will.wa » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Is the course in the same location it used to be?

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Same location, but a new design, and new, better baskets. The course crosses the creek less and both sides of the old Woodlawn St. are used, including the area around the ponds.

The parks department has done a lot of work cutting trees and will continue to do so. There have also been some changes to the place like the road closing and plans for other parking lots. There will be 18 holes when the fairways can be cleared for them.

Postby 2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 am

Bill......Brotje 50 n-15 Third shift, so if you come in early, some come in on overtime at 3am- crazy man!! I was on first for awhile but there were too many Chiefs........... Third is quiet, layed back.... until 5am, then I have to install my earplugs.... 30 bucks an hour- almost 23 years? I think it's a keeper!!!! Lol But what I would really like to do is work at wal-mart and be the head man on those remote control shopping kart retrievers, those things are the $h!t!! I talked to one of the dudes that does it now, you might have seen him, Big football looking helmet, thick glasses. He didnt actually talk, just kinda slobbered, but he was cool.. Sorry Gizzard, ok so you don't wear the helmet....but I hear you shave your legs.. :wink: .. anyway, where was I? Oh yea, work!! Who started talking about work? I hate work, let's play golf!!!! :D 2

burton

Postby burton » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 am

jack -
ok. may not get to see you out here. i thought you were on 1st. i don't come in usually until 7:30 (almost 2nd shift :roll: ). sometimes if there's a special need, i come in early, but i try to avoid it. we'll have to get together for a round at derby or HH sometime. haven't been playing much this past week cause of the cold and just too much else going on. now you can forget about that walmart job. i've already got it locked down for when i retire in about say............ well maybe i won't get to retire if my wife doesn't change her spending habits.
later

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:08 am

I'm a first shifter. Just started. How many discers are there at Spirit?

I'm from "off the streets". How cool is that?! :?

Postby 2 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 am

Thats funny Mike "Off the streets!! Sounds like you've heard that from old timers you work with? We old timers don't like them youngin's coming from off the street.. You have to serve your time !!! Lol And Bill, you will get to retire.....................................some day!! You might not have any money left!!!! Not to many disc golfers out here Mike, they think it's weird ........ expecially when I tell them Herman Hill Park.... latr gaters 8)

burton

Postby burton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 am

Schoen-hopper wrote:I'm a first shifter. Just started. How many discers are there at Spirit?

I'm from "off the streets". How cool is that?! :?

hey mike -
i'm not sure who the golfers are out here. i pretty much just got into the game recently down in winfield. i've known rich for quite a while tho. i'm probably too old to be starting but hey, it's fun :D . i work around post u5 in plant 2. i don't think i've met you yet. anyhow, if you are around that area, let me know. my work # 6-9144. i really like what you guys have done to that derby course.
later.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:10 am

I inspect the lower 43 and 46 panels around R-15. I'll be the one with the green showing behind the ears.

burton

Postby burton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:35 am

Schoen-hopper wrote:I inspect the lower 43 and 46 panels around R-15. I'll be the one with the green showing behind the ears.

i'll hunt you down. probably tomorrow or monday. i'm in a class over in another building today.

Return to “WVDGA Winfield”