Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Cherry Street

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
zollmanator

Re: Cherry Street

Post by zollmanator »

My input on hole 4 would be to move the pad back to where the origanal was, east past the sidewalk and between two trees. I also think that the origanl for hole 5 would be straight north to the east west sidewalk, so that going to the red basket there are some small trees coming into play. Planting trees in the way to make things more difficult is a great idea and watering them could be a chore but we cant let that stop us.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Smitty and I tried to transplant a tree today. I had a volunteer Maple tree growing in the flower bed next to my house. Put it on hole 5. I hope it lives. We dug a big hole and watered plenty, but it sure looks distressed. I guess only time will tell.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Talked to Burley at the park today. I knew 4'x12' was big but until I assembled a form, I didn't realize it would be too big. I knew we didn't need large tee pads...anyway, I suppose I should have listened to you guys from the beginning :) 4'x10' will be a very good sized pad.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Listening to others advice hmmm, let me think, thats a good idea.
Let that be a lesson to everybody, not every idea is a good one but sometime it is better to listen than to learn the hard way.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

The record might only stand 1 day, but I shot -5 from the reds last night! Missed holes 3, 5, 8, and 9. :mrgreen:
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thought I was going to get your record. I had a chance but ended up taking a 4 on hole 8.

Missed 1, 3, 5, 8,
smitty

Post by smitty »

Going out today to lay-out the skill shot challenge. I plan on using holes 7, 6S, 8, 8S, 9S in that order.

Rules are pretty simple.

1) You must use the designated type of throw.
2) If you make the first throw 60 points.
3) If your first throw is touching the pole 50 points.
4) If your first throw land within 25 feet of the pole. You earn 50 - number of feet away from pole. (8 feet away you would score 50 - 8 or 42 points)
5) If your first throw is outside of 25 feet. Mark you lie and throw again from your new lie. If you make it 20 pts, if you land within 25 feet on your second shot you earn 10pts. If you land outside of 25 feet on second shot you score 0.

Station 1 (Basket 7)
1- 25 foot putt freestyle
2- 25 foot putt freestyle
3- 50 foot freestyle
4-50 foot sidearm/forehand

Station 2 (Basket 6S)
5- 100 foot backhand
6- 100 foot sidearm/forehand
7- 100 foot roller

Station 3 (Basket 8)
8- 150 foot backhand
9- 150 foot sidearm
10- 150 foot roller
11- 150 foot upside-down

Station 4 (Basket 8S)
12- 50 foot straddle or Kneeling
13- 50 foot upside-down

Station 5 (Basket 9S)
14- 50 foot obstructed
15- 100 foot obstructed kneeling
16- 100 foot obstructed

Station 6 (Basket 8)
17- 200 foot backhand
18- 200 any roller
19- 200 foot forehand/sidearm
20- 250 foot freestyle

I am going to put round cement stones in the ground. They will be painted blaze orange.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Very cool. Kids will love that. Learning different shots early on will make you a very solid player.

20 throws. Sounds like a score of over 800 would be hard to beat.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Got all the stones installed. Had some help from Hooper, Tapia, and Austin.

After we finished the challenged me to a little golf.

Hooper took us all down the first round. He dominated us from the first hole. We then went double or nothing Red to Red for the second. I jumped out to the early lead. On our 8th hole, Hooper chained out for and ace and climbed back to only a stroke behind me. ***read below***** He then hit a limb and was going to get a 3 on the last hole. I took the "safe" lefty hyzer. Needless to say my disc is still hanging in the tree someplace, and Hooper took the win.

****below****

After chaining out for an ace. I ask Hooper. Which was better? Dancing with the "HOT" girl at the Jr High dance or chaining out. His reply..........not even close!!

Check the newest poll for more information.
one19

Post by one19 »

smitty wrote:
After chaining out for an ace. I ask Hooper. Which was better? Dancing with the "HOT" girl at the Jr High dance or chaining out. His reply..........not even close!!

Was it a SLOW dance?'

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Baskets for Cherry St Disc golf Championship holes.

1. Hole 1's red basket
2. Normal red basket
3. Hole 3's red basket.
4. Shan's Discatcher 1? Have to ask.
5. Shan's Discatcher 2? If we can borrow.
6. Hole 4's basket.
7. Smitty's Chanstar 1.
8. Smitty's ChainStar 2.
9. Hole 5's red basket
10. Normal Basket
11. 7's red basket not moved
12. One of my baskets, probably the Monkey Trap. I may put new chains on it.
13. Hole 9's basket.
14. One of my other baskets. Probably Chainstar.

Shan, can we use your baskets?

Smitty, can we use yours? You do have 2 Chainstars right?

This works out nicely so we don't have to use any homemade baskets.
opie

Post by opie »

mrsenortyler wrote:Baskets for Cherry St Disc golf Championship holes.

4. Shan's Discatcher 1? Have to ask.
5. Shan's Discatcher 2? If we can borrow.

Shan, can we use your baskets?

For one tour you can use anything I own. :shock: :wink: :)
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Sent Mark and email today regarding Cherry. Just wanted to share some of the conversation.

1) Add 3 more holes. 1 behind the backstop on the NE end, 1 where we always play the island at the tourney (thought we could put a few stones in the ground to mark the island if we wanted), Basket up by the main parking lot (close to where we play at CSDGC). Then tee from the SW by 9 someplace.

2) Got the OK to build and hang a sign on the backside of the wall. I will need some help with this, I want it to look nice. I am thinking something that has a piece of plastic in a door that can cover up and keep things dry. Mark also thinks he has enough "Plastic Boards" from the playground project that we could use. That would be sweet. Never paint or stain and it would look good for a long time.

3) Got the OK to plant a couple of trees. When it gets a little cooler out, CT and I have one in his yard that needs to be moved.

4) I replanted 2 t-signs yesterday. Told Mark if people pull them out of the ground again, we would replant and add some more cement.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

When you explained this last night, I guess I didn't understand that they were 3 permanent holes.

That'd be really cool.

For the sign, I have some plastic shingles that we could use on the top.

Should we have a "Rules of DG Sign"?

http://www.discgolf.com/equipment/image ... les600.jpg

For anchoring the sign to the wall, just use the blue screws that you can buy at the hardware store. I have used them many times, and nothing is easier, or works better.

How will the holes fit into the order of play? Will we need to re-number the holes? Or just call the "A", "B", and "C"? I Vote for ABC.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Also, I have at least 2 maples to transplant.