Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

LRDGC WEDNESDAY LEAGUE

Darren B

Re: LRDGC WEDNESDAY LEAGUE

Post by Darren B »

SWEET!!!!!, Travis i will be there hopefully early to help out with those t-pads but will be there at 4:30 for sure
Darren B. - LRDGC
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

6-12 inches of snow on the course? No problem for six of us.

Darren B

Post by Darren B »

to whoever cleaned and salted the t-pads thanks man
2-27-13 scores
PRO
Tom 56 $6
Darren 58
AM
Travis 58 $12
Matt 62
Todd 62
Scott 66
Darren B. - LRDGC
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

3/6 LRDGC Wednesday League. 10 in attendance.

Pro
Darren 51
Tom 54
Dale 55

Am
Jeff 58 (won playoff)
Travis 58
Matt 58
Brady 59
Jerod 65
Scott 65
Cody 80
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

Fun round, plus Dale gave us all a fun story to tell
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

ya he's gonna have to install pontoons on that bad boy ,I wish there was some video :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darren B. - LRDGC
Dale

Post by Dale »

just motor boatin
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

For those of you that keep up with this thred. start time tonight the 13th of March will be 5 pm i will be there at 4:30 to let everyone know . I vote for a 5pm start time for the rest of summer, makes it easier to get there without having to rush around. what does everyone else think ?
Darren B. - LRDGC
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

5 might put me out of it.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

3/13 League scores. 11 in attendance.

Pro
Tom 52 $$$
Darren 53

Am
Todd 53 $$$
Brady 54 $$
Matt 55 $
Ian 57
Jeff 58
Travis 58
Scott 64
Jaron 70
Mike 78
Newt

Post by Newt »

Five is awesome.
SCFC
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

5 it is, tee time is 5 sharp see you there
Darren B. - LRDGC
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

3/20 LRDGC league results. 14 in attendance, and I think that is a record.

Pro
Darren 46 $$
Tom 51
Dale 54
Jeff 54

Am
Ian 52 $$
Brady 54 * $
Jeff U. 54 $
Todd 56
Scott 56
Josh 58
Mike 61
Jaron 67
Luke 67
Miah 67

* won CTP playoff for 2nd place
ACE FUND GOES TO 385$ PAYS 192.50$
schnelle

Post by schnelle »

Some good competition brewing on that AM card.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Since we are getting increased attendance, and a competitive pool of Am players, I want to present an idea that's been bubbling in my head for a few weeks now. Bear with me as I explain this, as I get longwinded, but this is simpler than I'm about to make it seem....

I'm suggesting that we try an 8 player bag tag based mini match play tournament. How it would work is that the 8 highest tags (or 8 highest Am players with tags) would compete in a single elimination tournament composed of three six hole match play matches. At the start of the event, the 8 players would walk down to the area of pine trees sort of halfway between the tees to holes 12 & 17 and would line up from lowest tag # to highest. The lowest tag holder would be considered seed #1, the second lowest seed #2, and so on up to the highest being seed #8. Pool A consisting of seeds 1, 4, 5 & 8 would go to either Hole 12 or Hole 17 to start (seed #1 gets to make the choice). Pool B consisting of seeds 2, 3 6 & 7 would go to the other tee.

For the preliminary round, in pool A seed 1 plays seed 8 and seed 4 plays seed 5. In pool B, seed 2 plays seed 7, and seed 3 plays seed 6. Both groups would only play the loop of holes 12-17 for this round. After the round, the winners of the four matches will be determined, and all four will advance to the winners card. The four losers would then go to the losers card. In the event that a match ends in a draw, bag tag numbers will be the tiebreaker with the lower numbered player advancing. In the event of an upset where a higher numbered tag player wins, bag tags are to be exchanged immediately.

Once the preliminary round is concluded all eight players will gather along the walking path between holes 11 & 18. Winners and losers will be segregated accordingly and then the semifinal round begins. Groups will start on either Hole 11 or Hole 18, with the lowest tag number on the winners card getting choice of tees. The losers card will then go to the other tee. Your opponent for the semifinal round would be the person who was on the same card with you for the preliminary round and won or lost respectively like you did. Holes 12-17 having already been played will not be used for the remainder of the tournament. One pool will play Holes 18, and then 1-5 for their semifinal, and the other will play Hole 11, then 18, then 1-4.

At the conclusion of these six holes, again, winners and losers are determined. For the final round, on both cards winners will play winners and losers will play losers and continue with the next hole in the series. One group will play holes 5-10 for their final and the other will play holes 6-11. This way, everybody, no matter how good or how bad they are playing in the tournament, gets one crack at all 18 tees, which makes things fair for ace pot purposes.

If we have a separate group of Pro players, they can also just play a normal round of singles alongside the tournament. They could also have a two-round nine-hole match tournament, or a three-round round robin six-hole one if four Pros show up. If we have extra Ams beyond the 8, they can similarly play in a side event, only against each other, with perhaps the winner guaranteed entry to the next tournament while the 8th place finisher in the previous one sits out.

Payout could be done one of two ways. The simplest is that we pay out the top 3 places. $12-$7-$5 or $11-$8-$5. Another is that we could make each match a $1 ante and pay out the winner of each match $2. (Ties, even when broken by tag number tiebreakers could still pay out $1 each). That way even if you lose your preliminary you can still win money.

Not something we would do every week, but perhaps once a month if the idea catches on. Input would be appreciated.