Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Purple Nukes

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
DUH

Purple Nukes

Post by DUH »

So I've thrown some purple Z Nukes & lost them all, but after seeing some lost disc posts & finding 1 of said Nukes in a lost & found bin with my info scribbled out, I figured I'd let y'all in on this...
There have been at least 10 (probably more like 15-20, but who's counting) purple Z Nukes in my bag for the last 5-7 years... & only 2 have ever come back to me, but even those 2 are gone now :( I'll be the 1st to admit, I used to be pretty bad about throwing multiple drives & not picking all of them up so yes, it's all my fault- the Duh is strong with this girl...
I got a text early last year from a kid who found a purple Nuke in McPherson. Since it was a just a young-un, I told him not to worry about it but if he wanted to mail it to me... He didn't, but what's 1 more piece of plastic, I had already lost it so fine, BI

A few years ago, I aced with a purple Nuke- my 1st ace at Oak park, hole 2 short. It was an around the tree, straight in, awesome shot! & my group signed the front of my disc.
& then, just 10 days later, I was telling my buddy Steve about my ace & he said, "well, show me, Duh!" So I threw my ace Nuke again, this time it was hyzering a bit short... but then she skipped & went in AGAIN!!! What a fantabulous purple Nuke Oak park double dos ace experience :mrgreen: I had everyone sign the back of the disc that time.

So months later, this was maybe a year ago, I threw my purple double ace Nuke, showing some newbies how to throw like a girl, and I forgot to pick it up. I was at Oak, throwing from the parking lot towards 3s basket. I realized I had left it soon after I left the course so I turned around & went back to get it, but she was gone :((( You'd think someone would give my precious ace disc back, especially since most people know me & my name & # are clearly marked on the inside rim... But, I realize Wichita, especially Oak park is notorious for not returning plastic, even when the name & # is right on it. I can only hope & pray that my ace Nuke will come back someday, and maybe the world will continue to change for the better & people will learn to be kinder & return last plastic to its owner. If anyone happens to see my ace disc, please grab it for me ;)

Peace, love & plastic!